The Student Room Group

White people dont know the struggle of regular beatings.

they dont grow up getting whipped with belts if they were bad. As a black male with Jamaican parents I grewup with beatings with the belt if I was bad. At the time I cursed my mum but now Im grateful as I would probs have turned out worse, but yh back then I was so used to it that it started to not even hurt, my skin became stronger to.. I was a bad child though. white parents are to scared of the backlash, kids these days have so much power they could land their parents in the **** so easy.. I was to scared to report my mum anyway that thick Jamaican accent was scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
White kids are funny. Their parents can't even slap them otherwise the kids will call it child abuse, and call ChildLine on them.
Original post by Treypound
they dont grow up getting whipped with belts if they were bad. As a black male with Jamaican parents I grewup with beatings with the belt if I was bad. At the time I cursed my mum but now Im grateful as I would probs have turned out worse, but yh back then I was so used to it that it started to not even hurt, my skin became stronger to.. I was a bad child though. white parents are to scared of the backlash, kids these days have so much power they could land their parents in the **** so easy.. I was to scared to report my mum anyway that thick Jamaican accent was scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've read your post, but what is you're point here. You're saying white people don't know the struggle of regular beatings... isn't that a good thing?....
Reply 4
Original post by elliemayxo
I've read your post, but what is you're point here. You're saying white people don't know the struggle of regular beatings... isn't that a good thing?....

thats the question.. isit a good thing though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
thats the question.. isit a good thing though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my opinion yes. That's like saying to someone 'You haven't been shot in the leg before, there for I'm going to show you how it feels'
Ive seen white mommas whoop their kids' ass in shopping centres... who knows what happens at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please. You don't even know about my life. Some of you lot would be in a shock if you knew about my upbringing lol, smh.
Reply 8
Original post by elliemayxo
In my opinion yes. That's like saying to someone 'You haven't been shot in the leg before, there for I'm going to show you how it feels'

how is that the same? I'd say beating for being bad taught me a good enough lesson to not do it again. If my mum had just told me off I'd have laughed. when consequences are small it has little affect on people in general which makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a stupid generalisation to make. Thousands of white children are abused daily in the UK alone. To make such outlandish claims without any prior evidence is moronic.
LOL I'll never forget the day my dad damn near choked me out...I was never bad again 😂😂 White kids have it so damn easy, my body would be a whole lot less marked up if my parents just had "conversations" with me haha
Original post by Evening
That's a stupid generalisation to make. Thousands of white children are abused daily in the UK alone. To make such outlandish claims without any prior evidence is moronic.

Exactly
Reply 12
Original post by Evening

how is being punished for being bad abuse? they used to use the belt in British schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
not just white people bro, i'm asian and ive never been beaten by my parents lol
I understand this is more common with African parents but it is simply not true that white people dont know what this is like. Several of my friends when I was little were beaten with belts by their parents
i thought this was relevant but couldnt think of a caption

I'm pretty sure child abuse and beating your child is correlated to future aggression and criminality....Hitler's father beat him and whole other range of you know 'bad' type people have got the majority of their issues from being beaten as a child...nothing good comes from beating your own children. Other people's on the other hand :wink: (lel)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, the 'nuclear' option:

[video="youtube;g01_MH5O_J8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g01_MH5O_J8[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Any parent that hits his/her child should be locked up. Hitting children does not make for better children, it makes for worse parents in the future. I certainly hope the OP does not continue this abusive parent tradition.
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think disciple to a degree is good, in Asian households we would get a slap if we were extremely naughty but some families take it to far and beat the **** out of their kids which i don't think is right.
Growing up it's fine to be strict in order so your kids don't disrespect you.
I've seen small young white boys swear at their mums and it's shocking but any ethnicity could have that, just rare.
Anyway i love my parents and i wasn't that naughty but traditionally yeah in my culture kids do get a lil bit of a beating

Quick Reply

Latest