The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Only 3 AS

achieved 3 As at AS level maths physics econ now doing those at a2 level any point in apply to ucl i dont have a 4th pass at AS cant pick up another AS due to specification changing in all the subjects i want to do and the exam not being on the new spec
(edited 8 years ago)
It's unlikely they'll accept you, but you could try and get it written in your reference that the 4th AS was out of your control in doing it?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by jonnypdot
achieved 3 As at AS level maths physics econ now doing those at a2 level any point in apply to ucl i dont have a 4th pass at AS can pick up another AS due to specification changing in all the subjects i want to do and the exam not being on the new spec

If their entry requirements state that a fourth AS level is required, you'll probably be rejected simply because you don't meet the basic requirements - so it's not worth applying to UCL, unfortunately. However, if not having a fourth AS level was completely out of your control (e.g. it was a school policy), then you should ask your school to mention that factor in your reference, and you'll likely have a good chance at getting in.
Reply 3
Original post by Noodlzzz
It's unlikely they'll accept you, but you could try and get it written in your reference that the 4th AS was out of your control in doing it?

hi assistant, is foundation year for only foreign students? how can i apply?
Original post by jonnypdot
achieved 3 As at AS level maths physics econ now doing those at a2 level any point in apply to ucl i dont have a 4th pass at AS cant pick up another AS due to specification changing in all the subjects i want to do and the exam not being on the new spec

On this page, they say that a GCSE in a foreign language studied from scratch is an acceptable alternative but obviously that's probably not going to be feasible now... Sorry! @Noodlzzz suggested that you mention in your reference that the fourth AS was out of control but I suggest that you email UCL first to ask if they'd actually consider your application in the first place. It's possible that they might just automatically reject it in which case it's not even worth applying.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Plagioclase
On this page, they say that a GCSE in a foreign language studied from scratch is an acceptable alternative but obviously that's probably not going to be feasible now... Sorry! @Noodlzzz suggested that you mention in your reference that the fourth AS was out of control but I suggest that you email UCL first to ask if they'd actually consider your application in the first place. It's possible that they might just automatically reject it in which case it's not even worth applying.

ok i will ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending