The Student Room Group

What to do when you get cat called?

On the way back to my flat from uni, I got cat called by a man sitting on his balcony. I didn't know what to say so I just ignored him, and continued walking. Do you think it is safe to continue walking that route? I feel like I shouldn't...

Scroll to see replies

why wouldn't it be safe? just because someone cat calls you doesn't mean they are going to rape you, he was just a bit of a creep

if you avoided every place that has a tiny risk of something bad happening to you then you wouldn't even leave your house
Purr.
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
why wouldn't it be safe? just because someone cat calls you doesn't mean they are going to rape you, he was just a bit of a creep

if you avoided every place that has a tiny risk of something bad happening to you then you wouldn't even leave your house

The fact that he lives there and could be sitting and watching me every time I walk makes me sick :s
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Purr.

not funny :frown:
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Purr.

Kiwi stop it too many lols :giggle:
Reply 6
Politely request he does not do that in the future.
Reply 7
I highly doubt he'll notice you walking past again. Unless you make yourself obvious.

There's no need to feel it's not a safe route. There will be other people around, he's not exactly going to come down and get you.
Call him a fat prick
Original post by majatheaztec
not funny :frown:

Oh come on it was a little bit!

But in answer to the OP it's entirely up to you. Whether you think that the cat call is where you want to draw the line in which case find a different route. Alternatively just keep walking down there rape alarm in hand maybe sharp pen in pocket :wink: and ignore him.
Reply 10
There was a girl in Birmingham who complained to police with film evidence of builders consistently cat calling and harassing her, even blocking her path to talk to her, and she had social anxiety

Police only spoke to them tbf so there's not much you can do, either try something back or find a different route but imo you shouldn't have to go our of your way for these people
Ignore it, but if the creature is in walking distance, spit on him.
Original post by driftawaay
Ignore it, but if the creature is in walking distance, spit on him.

How to get a broken nose :borat:
Nothing, I ignore them. It scares me though. :frown:
Reply 14
Usually just pull down my trousers and accept the offer
Bare your canines.
Reply 16
Next time tell him you don't like it and find his behaviour disgusting. Odds are he will lose confidence and never do it again.
Reply 17
I'd drop my pants down and wave my penis around in a stylish fashion.
#prettygirlproblems :rolleyes:
Original post by majatheaztec
On the way back to my flat from uni, I got cat called by a man sitting on his balcony. I didn't know what to say so I just ignored him, and continued walking. Do you think it is safe to continue walking that route? I feel like I shouldn't...

If he is a bit of a creep It's best to not put yourself in a vulnerable situation
Unless you have great kick boxing skills
I would find a new route

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending