The Student Room Group

would any of you have a relationship with a realistic sex robot?

Just saw a video on TYT about this topic and one academic claimed sex robots would cause more objectification by men towards women, and that they would 'replace' women, leading to far worse human interaction between the sexes. What she doesn't seem to realise is that in such a futuristic scenario, women would be using male sex robots too... but the social interaction point would stand I guess.

However, what if we had artifical intelligence so advanced it was uncanny to a human's available today? What if said AI was also packaged in a very realistic sex robot, so much so that you couldn't tell it apart from a real human being? Finally, what if they were mass produced and sold for only a few hundred pounds? Would you actually forgo a relationship with a real person, for a sex robot? I wouldn't, it just creeps me the **** out... but maybe I'm too close minded. Some comments on the video were by guys saying how lovely it would be to have sex robots. They wouldn't nag, or be entitled, or moan etc. Such generalisations are idiotic to me, but I guess that's how some guys see women.

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I definitely wouldn't.

Also, why are you watching TYT? That stuff rots your brain.

Posted from the TSR app - no updates since 2013!
Reply 2
Women would understandably be pissed off at this. Sex becomes more readily available ergo decreases a woman's sexual value and would start losing their place in society.

So yeah sure why not.
Reply 3
If there was a very realistic female bot that you could just buy and use accordingly, It would suit me perfectly! satisfies my sexual needs whenever, where ever and gives me time to focus on more productive things. It has to be realistic though. I could even buy different bots depicting different types of women, hell I wouldn't have to waste my time with the real thing. I hope I live long enough to see these become a reality.
(edited 8 years ago)
Is that you Krillen?
Provided it doesn't bitch about everything, why not… :dontknow:
Reply 6
totally sad ...
nope id sneak out the next morning and block its number
I saw a docufilm on BBC4 few yrs ago about people who date realistic dolls and I was highly disturbed.
Original post by Jebedee
Women would understandably be pissed off at this. Sex becomes more readily available ergo decreases a woman's sexual value and would start losing their place in society.

So yeah sure why not.

I wouldn't be pissed off. Let the robot lady take the weirdos.
Original post by Danz123

Discuss.

I've often thought about this and its frightening the rise of android kind would be a greater threat to humanity than homosexuality is now (les/les progeny asexual reproduction). I feel already life-like androids should be banned and forced to have an angular shape, I've often observed robo appliances referring to themselves as a 'person' rather than a "unit", thats wrong they are not persons they are things.

I am disgusted at the idea of robosex but in the form of vibrators its already here.
But our children will see it as normal same as the shrinking miniskirt analogy (absolute limit for one generation becomes the bear minimum for the next).
The Hegelian dialectic would suggest next that we merge with the robos and become transhuman - the end of our species.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
I wouldn't be pissed off. Let the robot lady take the weirdos.

I can assure you since the bots don't moan, cry or use up your time except for sex that not just weirdos will buy them but a substantial number of men, you will have to fight for the remaining men or join the club and get your own version.
Original post by Gears265
I can assure you since the bots don't moan, cry or use up your time except for sex that not just weirdos will buy them but a substantial number of men, you will have to fight for the remaining men or join the club and get your own version.

Whatever.
Whatever.

A sex bot would never talk back to me like that
Gotta make sure it's not from Gazorpazorp..
Original post by Gears265
A sex bot would never talk back to me like that

A sex bot just might talk. Then it's not a bot. It's a hard doll.
A sex bot just might talk. Then it's not a bot. It's a hard doll.

Oh god that is disgusting :afraid:, I don't want that
No
That is just sad imo
I would rather be single
Original post by TylerClementi
I feel already life-like androids should be banned and forced to have an angular shape, I've often observed robo appliances referring to themselves as a 'person' rather than a "unit", thats wrong they are not persons they are things.

I reckon that if androids were produced that were actually indistinguishable from real people, they ought to be treated as real people. Otherwise it could just get embarrassing.
Its the closest im ever going to come to a girl!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending