The Student Room Group

Endsleigh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shaymarriott
The previous owner has sold the car.

The details s/he gave the insurance company (register keeper/owner etc) are now outdated.

Therefore the previous insurance is invalid. You should have got insurance immediately. What if (for the sake of argument)the handbrake slipped and it rolled away and hit a child?

I am quite aware that your car doesn't have to be parked outside your house seven days a week.

Please, do explain to my mum. I had a massive argument with her last night about it and she's so bloody stubborn. But honestly neither of them will listen so midnight it is...
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Please, do explain to my mum. I had a massive argument with her last night about it and she's so bloody stubborn. But honestly neither of them will listen so midnight it is...

Haha id love to but...

Try and put it in a driveway until then?
Original post by Zerforax
His insurance policy covers him to drive the car (obviously won't have your permission to drive it anymore though). Your insurance policy covers you to drive the car. There's nothing that makes it mutually exclusive. The only reason you know about his insurance situation is because he's a friend.

Make sure you have your insurance and road tax in place before you drive it (road tax doesn't transfer with the vehicle anymore).

Hey again, so i decided to call endsleigh to cancel my insurance and i paid a deposit of 286 and the amount I'm getting back is 17. I've had the policy for two days... Do you think this sounds off? Should i ring and complain?
Hey again, so i decided to call endsleigh to cancel my insurance and i paid a deposit of 286 and the amount I'm getting back is 17. I've had the policy for two days... Do you think this sounds off? Should i ring and complain?

Why did you take out the insurance and then cancel it again?

Depends if you had a cooling off period and what fees they're trying to charge you I guess. Should call them and discuss at least. Sometimes they waive some fees if you're lucky.
Why did you take out the insurance and then cancel it again?

Depends if you had a cooling off period and what fees they're trying to charge you I guess. Should call them and discuss at least. Sometimes they waive some fees if you're lucky.

Realised I'm not to comfortable driving 40 miles to work so I'm cancelling it. I wanna take it slow. On the policy documents it said 25 for admin fee and they take out according to how many days the cover was used for within the cooling period?
Realised I'm not to comfortable driving 40 miles to work so I'm cancelling it. I wanna take it slow. On the policy documents it said 25 for admin fee and they take out according to how many days the cover was used for within the cooling period?

But do you not still own the car? Like shaymarriot said, you still need to have the car insured. The only time you can avoid insuring it is if it has already been declared as off the road (SORN).

Well if it's only been insured for 2 days then it sounds like they shouldn't have taken so much off?
But do you not still own the car? Like shaymarriot said, you still need to have the car insured. The only time you can avoid insuring it is if it has already been declared as off the road (SORN).

Well if it's only been insured for 2 days then it sounds like they shouldn't have taken so much off?

Well, my friend hasnt actually sent the v5c to dvla yet...so surely they still think its him who owns it. And hes selling it immediately to a car dealer so it would go under his name?
Well, my friend hasnt actually sent the v5c to dvla yet...so surely they still think its him who owns it. And hes selling it immediately to a car dealer so it would go under his name?

So you've not bought the car from him anymore?

Sending to the DVLA doesn't change ownership, it's just a notification requirement. You either bought it and own the car or not.
(edited 8 years ago)
So you've not bought the car from him anymore?

Sending to the DVLA doesn't change ownership, it's just a notification requirement. You either bought it and own the car or not.

Pm me please i don't wanna talk about it on here
(edited 8 years ago)
Pm me please i don't wanna talk about it on here

I'm really confused..

So you bought the car off your mate but now you've decided not to buy it so he's going to give you the money back and instead sell the car to a dealer?

In the mean time, you took out car insurance but now want to cancel it but your insurer has charged you too much by way of cancellation fees?

Is that correct? If so, just call them and ask why they have charged you so much and tell them to refund you more money back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending