The Student Room Group

How to stop fat moving about whilst running?

A couple of months ago I had a spell where I was going to the gym quite a lot. I actually enjoyed running on treadmills and could push my heart rate right up. However, I found that the irksome part wasn't the tiredness from running, but more the constant moving about of my excess stomach fat (as I do carry more of it than I should!). This is quite a bit of an annoyance and has made me get cramps before when running, which deters me from doing it even though I enjoy the exercise itself.

Is there a specific item I can get that can hold it all in place and stop it from "jiggling" about, like some sort of harness or body compressor?
ever thought of trying to lose weight? some people.
You could always tie a belt/belts around it :rofl:
Reply 3
I actually burst out laughing at the title of this thread!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buy a sports bra.
Original post by f.loco
I actually burst out laughing at the title of this thread!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good for you.
Reply 6
don`t laugh - i`m being serious here - a sports girdle?....

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Underworks-BUSTER-12-inch-Zip-N-Trim-Girdle/dp/B00BF3EFY8[/url

If not, then what about a compression t-shirt?

(note on sizes: i have a 35 inch waist, and my t-shirt is a "large")
(edited 8 years ago)
you could try wearing really tight lycra leggings / clothes to hold your body fat in place.
not sure if it will work but no harm in trying:smile:
Original post by Hasufel
don`t laugh - i`m being serious here - a sports girdle?....

http://www.amazon.com/Underworks-BUSTER-12-inch-Zip-N-Trim-Girdle/dp/B00BF3EFY8

Holy ****ing **** :rofl:
Original post by InternetGangster
ever thought of trying to lose weight? some people.

:clap2: No, I thought I'd just ask the Internet in case I get a humourous response...
Reply 10
Original post by omegaSQU4RED
Good for you.

Joking, but what I did (before when I was fat, around 4 years ago, was to wear tracky's and tighten up the lace things on the waist, it helped me alot!)
BTW I started laughing even more when people said 'use a bra' !! LOOOOOOOL

This is too jokes, made my day
Reply 11
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Holy ****ing **** :rofl:

LOoOL I'm crying of laughter!!!
Original post by f.loco
LOoOL I'm crying of laughter!!!

I just imagine myself running behind some fat guy wearing this, spanking him and yelling insults to get him motivated.
Reply 13
haha lol this is one of the funniest posts ive seen lol
Reply 14
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
I just imagine myself running behind some fat guy wearing this, spanking him and yelling insults to get him motivated.

I don't know about the insults bit. BUT FLIPPING HELL, this IS JOOOOOKES! It's actually made my day, I haven't laughed at a screen like this, EVER!
I can't believe you people, honestly.

This is a fitness sub-forum, for people to ask for fitness advice from others. That's what it's meant for. I only got one useful response, hidden underneath a barrage of laughter. This is basically tantamount to making fun of an overweight person in a gym - when actually, if he's there trying to do something about it, then surely he should be encouraged and not made fun of?!

I knew I shouldn't have bothered asking.

Latest