The Student Room Group

How content are you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by L'absurde
Really? You've never even had little moments, or bursts of happiness?

I meant more in general, like an overarching contentment. Obviously there are moments of happiness but I think of being content as being satisfied with your life in general. I have constant fear of failure and need to achieve, which has of course been beneficial but not been a great platform for contentment. :colonhash:
Reply 21
Original post by godivaontherocks
I lied. I'm definitely not content. But thanks anyway. :biggrin:

Awhh! You deceived me! :frown:

But *hugs* I hope you're content soon! :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I meant more in general, like an overarching contentment. Obviously there are moments of happiness but I think of being content as being satisfied with your life in general. I have constant fear of failure and need to achieve, which has of course been beneficial but not been a great platform for contentment. :colonhash:

That's sad. :frown: *hugs*

I don't think I'll ever be happy with my life in general but I have my happy moments and my down moments and I accept them both as they come. The ****ty moments teach me a lot.
What is it that's stopping you all from being content?

mostly because theres lot of people around me that aren't too happy/going through tough times.
Reply 24
Original post by chantalc
mostly because theres lot of people around me that aren't too happy/going through tough times.

Ah that's a shame. :frown:
Not at all content with my life. If I had good health I'd be extremely happy but until then my life will be not how I want it.
Ah that's a shame. :frown:

yeah, when everyone else is happy then I'm happy.
Reply 27
Original post by chantalc
yeah, when everyone else is happy then I'm happy.

I know it's easier said than done, but don't let others' negative vibes bring you down. It's sad to see people when they're down though, I understand
Not very.
Reply 29
Original post by keturah
Not at all content with my life. If I had good health I'd be extremely happy but until then my life will be not how I want it.

You don't choose how your health will be but you can choose to accept it.
Being ill sucks, I've been there and still am. Be strong, you can do it! *sprinkles fairy dust on you*
Reply 30
Original post by Mr Smurf
Not very.

Why?
I wouldn't say I'm that content at the moment, though I'd like to make some changes to try and make myself feel better.

I'm feeling anxious most of the time (for no discernible reason mostly) and still adjusting to university life which is exacerbating it. I don't really have much motivation at the moment but I'll try my best.
I am very happy.

I now have a job with one of the best companies in the world.
You don't choose how your health will be but you can choose to accept it.
Being ill sucks, I've been there and still am. Be strong, you can do it! *sprinkles fairy dust on you*

I can't accept it though. I feel like I'm just existing not living, how can you enjoy life when you're in constant pain.
Sorry to hear you are ill.
Reply 34
Original post by keturah
I can't accept it though. I feel like I'm just existing not living, how can you enjoy life when you're in constant pain.

That must be incredibly frustrating for you :frown:

Have you had tests to determine what the problem is, and is it something treatable?

(Apologies if you're not comfortable discussing this online!)
Original post by davros
That must be incredibly frustrating for you :frown:

Have you had tests to determine what the problem is, and is it something treatable?

(Apologies if you're not comfortable discussing this online!)

Yeah, I know there are people a lot worse off than me but still it really get me down.
I have hyper mobile joint syndrome. My joints are too lax and constantly sublux and lock, plus I'm always getting soft tissue injuries. It also effects other parts of my body but mainly my joints.
I've had to have spinal surgery but need another small operation. I'm hoping that will improve things a lot.
when i feel down i think of people who are far less fortunate than myself. and that makes me feel worse.
Original post by the bear
when i feel down i think of people who are far less fortunate than myself. and that makes me feel worse.

At least you have empathy. :h:
It fluctuates. Lately, pretty much content-ish. Got a job, a car, a future. But I know I've got 3 more years of uni (minimum) to get where I want to be so that dents it a bit. Still, all limbs attached etc.
With life, rather content. But not with myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest