The Student Room Group

I really really like a girl at my halls, need advice

There's this girl on my floor in uni halls who I can honestly say is the most attractive (personality-wise and physically) girl I've ever known, I've never met anyone like her. The thing is she has a boyfriend, it's long distance. We get on well and have had a laugh over the past several weeks, we've cuddled a couple of times at night but nothing more. Not sure if she's into me, do girls often invite guys over for cuddles (bear in mind she was drunk when this happened)?
I love how you trivialize the cuddling , lol i thought that was something you do with either a very good friend , or it gets sexual.

Then again what do i know ^^
Reply 2
Until she breaks up with him do not get your hopes up or try to start anything with her. Respect her relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
There's this girl on my floor in uni halls who I can honestly say is the most attractive (personality-wise and physically) girl I've ever known, I've never met anyone like her. The thing is she has a boyfriend, it's long distance. We get on well and have had a laugh over the past several weeks, we've cuddled a couple of times at night but nothing more. Not sure if she's into me, do girls often invite guys over for cuddles (bear in mind she was drunk when this happened)?

Take things slowly. You've only known her for couple of weeks, you've got the rest of the year ahead of you. Keep her close and maybe give her hints that you are interested in her. People tend to dislike other people who intervene in a relationship (long distance or not). I personally would cuddle anyone I've known for more than a week when I am drunk. :biggrin: Besides, a lot of people get lonely at uni, and that's okay. I'd say that you wait for now, see how your relationship develops, and then make a move.
You can still hang out with her - go to cinema, dinner together or with friends, if you study similar courses, do your studies together. Show her that it's pleasant to be around you without making it awkward for both of you. At this stage, especially with having a boyfriend, you might accidentally scare her away or just make things awkward between you two...
Reply 4
Thanks, I'll just keep hanging out with her and see what happens, definitely don't want to interfere with her relationship. At the moment I'm more just trying to figure out if she's into me. I did tell her one night I liked her (in that way), but there's been nothing awkward since then.
Reply 5
Mind you, her bf might come and pummel you one of these weekends. Suspect you're in though..
Reply 6
You need to take him out of the picture.

Find out where he lives.

Take the hammer and duct tape with you.
Gonna be brutal here.

Thanks, I'll just keep hanging out with her and see what happens, definitely don't want to interfere with her relationship.

Sorry, but...

I'm more just trying to figure out if she's into me. I did tell her one night I liked her (in that way), but there's been nothing awkward since then.

"The thing is" she has a boyfriend

we've cuddled a couple of times at night but nothing more

You are the worst nightmare of someone in an LDR (the boyfriend, in this case). Jesus christ dude. Respect the damn boundaries, if she breaks up with him then it's okay to pursue it but you are being invasive and showing no respect to the boyfriend.
Reply 8
Original post by CloakedSpartan
Gonna be brutal here.

Sorry, but...

You are the worst nightmare of someone in an LDR (the boyfriend, in this case). Jesus christ dude. Respect the damn boundaries, if she breaks up with him then it's okay to pursue it but you are being invasive and showing no respect to the boyfriend.

Sorry if it seems that way but let me explain. I'm not a hugely outgoing person so I've never been in a situation like this. She has initiated all of the above, not me. I'm not a douchebag lad I'm just a guy who has no idea what he's doing.
She has initiated all of the above, not me.

If she genuinely seems into you and is doing this stuff, that's not the kind of person you want to be with. Sorry.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I love how you trivialize the cuddling , lol i thought that was something you do with either a very good friend , or it gets sexual.

Then again what do i know ^^

lol I cuddled and slept (without sex) with a girl I hardly new about a week ago and we're now friends. Cuddles are nice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CloakedSpartan
If she genuinely seems into you and is doing this stuff, that's not the kind of person you want to be with. Sorry.

PRSOM :smile:
I completely agree with everything you've said.
Remember OP, if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you. I know you like her but leave her alone and find someone single
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol I cuddled and slept (without sex) with a girl I hardly new about a week ago and we're now friends. Cuddles are nice.

Speak for yourself lol , single beds , 2 people. nty.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Speak for yourself lol , single beds , 2 people. nty.

I have a double bed :cool:

I don't even mind it in a single though (more than enough room imo). Just feels nice when a girl has her head on my chest/shoulder and leg on me and stuff.
[QUOTE="ChickenMadness;60105239"]I have a double bed :cool:

I don't even mind it in a single though (more than enough room imo). Just feels nice when a girl has her head on my chest/shoulder and leg on me and stuff.[/QUOTE

Mkay.
Original post by georgiaswift
PRSOM :smile:
I completely agree with everything you've said.
Remember OP, if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you. I know you like her but leave her alone and find someone single

She wouldn't cheat on her bf she's nice, I didn't say anything about wanting her to cheat on him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending