The Student Room Group

I want to help people and earn good money?

What are some good jobs which fit this ideal?

I dont want to be saddled with admin tasks.

I want to do a psychology degree at uni(sent on my ucas)

i like talking with people and giving advice

i dont want to go into teaching though....any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Doctor.
Lawyer
Reply 3
apart from those
Original post by scrawlx101

Clinical psychologist?
Reply 5
Advertising Counselling, advice and guidance work Health Care related including nursing Human Resources Journalism Management positions Marketing The Police force Public Relations Teaching and Education Working for charities Public Sector work

which sector fits what i said above?

Politician.
Nursing
Original post by samina_ay
Nursing

Nurses do not make 'good money' -- it's about the most underpaid profession there is given the workload.
Reply 9
teacher,nursing,politician,lawyer,doctor.police officer are all off the table as i cant see myself in those roles
Original post by Hydeman
Nurses do not make 'good money' -- it's about the most underpaid profession there is given the workload.

True, some say nursing is under paid too..
what kind of salary would you say is good money?

teacher,nursing,politician,lawyer,doctor.police officer are all off the table as i cant see myself in those roles

You'll need a better reason to go into a profession than just being able to see yourself in that role. You've basically listed most of the realistically achievable well-paid professions there are (with the exception of politics -- there's no money in that unless you're corrupt). Unless you're a genius, have some rare talent, or inherit a large corporation from your parents, those professions are pretty much all you've got.

I suggest you do some research yourself because, frankly, your view of employment is rather immature.
CounsellorChild Psychotherapist/PsychotherapistPsychologist educational/sportsOccupational TherapistDramatherapistCognitive behaviour therapist/PWPSocial worker
which of these jobs has good prospects for the future?
What about health care professional such as radiography, physiotherapist thats helping people not so much room for development. Its quite hard to give you advice since you have already decided you want to do a psycology degree have a look what careers it could lead to and pick from them or if nothing stands out and then you might want to re-think the degree because at the end of the day you are doing the degree to do a job it will lead to. Having said that, you dont need to make your whole mind up now if you know for the next 3 years your going to be in uni but you need to have some sort of idea as to the end goal for your degree. Have aims even if they change and arnt set in stone. Remember your not just going to be studying a degree because its what everyone else is doing or because your bored or want to fill 3 years of your life its got to lead somewhere.
I was seriously considering nursing because i want to work with people and i felt like a needed to force myself into a career. But I got to uni and realised that its hard and you have to really want to do the degree.
Reply 15
Original post by Hydeman

80-100k isnt such bad money.
Reply 16
Life coach.
Sports psycologist.
Original post by Quady
80-100k isnt such bad money.

I doubt most nurses make that amount and even if they did, given the hours they have to put in and the nature of the job, the hourly rate isn't exactly 'good money.'
Original post by Quady
Life coach.
Sports psycologist.

Id love to be a sports psychologist for a professional team but thats unlikely?
Buddy, wake up out of your infantile bubble. Do you even realise that the number of jobs that crossover both those things is quite small. Get out of lala land. You either pick a degree that involves helping people and get paid crumbs or you go study something tough like engineering and make money. You can't have both. Medicine is a stretch for most people and Law is for pure scum(I can count on a single hand the number of lawyers who care for their clients over the pay packet they make annually). Please grow up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending