The Student Room Group

What is your political ideology?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
I'd thought you'd be farther in the right.

What can i say :smile:

Somebody else said that to me on here but i think my opinions on issues dont fall in line to left or right. I just judge each issue on its own . Sometimes its classed as a right leaning opinion, sometimes its classed as left
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 161
Original post by SmashConcept
Socially libertarian, economically it really depends on whether the context is hypothetical or practical. Theoretically I would be further left.

Have you done the test?
Original post by Josb
Have you done the test?

Years ago, I would always score pretty much in the middle of the bottom right. If I did it again I would probably score further left, but like I say it depends a lot on the context. I think a lot of the questions are stupid though.
Reply 163
chart241015.png
Reply 164
Original post by chocolate hottie
https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=4.75&soc=-1.38

Pretty much in the sensible centre ground though I do say it myself... :colondollar:

You're basically Hitler.
Reply 165
Original post by Katty3
-9.5 -9.5 or something similar. About as far to the left as you can get without being Karl Marx. Also known as being a hippy.

I'm so sorry.
Original post by hektik
I'm so sorry.

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hektik
You're basically Hitler.

How?
Hmmm it says i'm
-2.63, 0.46

But I'd consider myself more center right libertarian....

Original post by SmashConcept
Years ago, I would always score pretty much in the middle of the bottom right. If I did it again I would probably score further left, but like I say it depends a lot on the context. I think a lot of the questions are stupid though.

This, some are really vague and basically say "if your not an extreme capitalist your left wing"

I think the problem arises from the fact that they have based their political compass on American politics
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 169
Some of the questions are weighted differently which skews it
Reply 170
Original post by ZZTop1
Some of the questions are weighted differently which skews it

But the skew is the same for everyone which makes it a zero-error. So for comparing people,it's quite good.
Original post by Aph
But the skew is the same for everyone which makes it a zero-error. So for comparing people,it's quite good.

Yeah but it also seems to judge that if you are left wing economically by right wing socially it weighs it so economics is heavily weighted. It makes it harder to compare yourself to political parties or historical figures

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheNote
Yeah but it also seems to judge that if you are left wing economically by right wing socially it weighs it so economics is heavily weighted. It makes it harder to compare yourself to political parties or historical figures

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want to make such comparisons you compare policies, not scores in a largely arbitrary test

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
If you want to make such comparisons you compare policies, not scores in a largely arbitrary test

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know but thats effort, plus i already know my politics, i just enjoy quizzes
pretty accurate
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Josb
No girl in the right... :frown:

@Viva Emptiness is.
(5.38, -1.95) Hmm, someone needs to start a party up in this purple square! :tongue:
politcal compass.png
Reply 178
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

I didn't see her scoresheet?

Original post by anitsirk
(5.38, -1.95) Hmm, someone needs to start a party up in this purple square! :tongue:
politcal compass.png

You will be the only girl. :sexface:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1445902187.268073.jpg

Interesting, I thought I would be more in the right in terms of economics.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending