The Student Room Group

Have you been on a school trip abroad?

post removed
I went on a Model United Nations trip to Delhi. We got to see a lot of monuments, and with friends there was loads of fun :smile:
I went to Naples in Italy for GCSE Geography, and to the French Alps for A Level Geography :smile:
Reply 3
I went to Japan in Year 8 and did a tour of the West Coast of America in Year 10: San Francisco, Yosemite, Death Valley, Zion national park, Monumental Valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Bryce National Park, Lake Powell, LA, Universal Studios, Hollywood, Santa Barbara, and Venice beach to end :love:

Want to go back to much :moon: :love:
We went around October, so it was just humid, though, not thaaat hot. About 25c I think.
Reply 5
it was about £1600 for 11 days but we moved around a lot! definitely one of the best trips I've been on! Forgot to mention it was for geography :smile:
I did the WJEC course, and I didn't like the fact it had so much human geography in it (I'm the opposite of you, I prefer physical geography!). The first year had 2 modules, one about water, flooding, tectonics, tectonic hazards and climate change, and the other one about populations and cities etc. The second year had another two modules, one on glacial environments and globalisation, and the other one on sustainability. I much preferred the physical geography topics, and I found the human geography topics boring and difficult.

I also didn't like the fact that all of the exams were essay based, with essays ranging between 10 and 25 marks, with a couple of 5 mark questions in the first year exams. Even though I had 25% extra time and word processed my exams, I still found myself running out of time in the geography exams, whereas I didn't run out of time in my other subjects. If you're thinking of doing the WJEC Geography course, that's definitely something to keep in mind: the time you get in exams is NOT very generous! For example, you'll have 33 minutes (approx) to write a 25 mark essay (1200 words), which sounds easy, but it's really not :tongue:
Reply 7
Going to New York tomorrow with about 16 friends, should be great :biggrin:
We went on a day-trip to Ypres with History in Year 8 or something which was very nice.
There's quite a few trips currently on at school, for example, the Skii Trip to America and the Iceland trip to watch the Northern Lights. I would've liked to have gone but it's too expensive. I don't understand how some people are able to go on every trip, every year.
Yeah, the WJEC A Level course has 25 mark essays in the exams (the module 3 exam has two 25 mark questions, one 10 mark question and one 15 mark question, and the module 4 exam has three 10 mark questions and two 25 mark questions). There are no 25 mark questions for modules 1 and 2.

I regretted taking A Level Geography at the time when I was doing it (I completed it this year), but I'm happy I did it now (I managed to get a B overall with one AS retake). Geography was the subject I struggled with most (I also did Geology and ICT), but that may have also been due to the fact that there were/are very few revision resources for the WJEC board, in addition to me finding the topics boring and difficult at times. My teacher wasn't very good at explaining things :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest