The Student Room Group

Guys, what do you think about girls who have "pretty" photos on Instagram

but are average looking or even unattractive in real life? :tongue:

Not because they are photogenic but because they take 30 photos and choose one etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RiotGirll
but are average looking or even unattractive in real life? :tongue:

Not because they are photogenic but because they take 30 photos and choose one etc.

562012_10200383035019073_1793454738_n.jpg
They get my hopes up and then drop them like Chelsea's premier league position
For me instagram doesn't reflect someone normally. If I take a bunch of photos at a party i'll maybe put one or two of the best on there. We all do it without even realising. So personally it doesn't even bother me at all.
Reply 4
Original post by Ahmed766
562012_10200383035019073_1793454738_n.jpg

:lol:

Lucasium

They get my hopes up and then drop them like Chelsea's premier league position

:rofl:

Wouldn't you know what they looked like already tho
(edited 8 years ago)
Obviously not a guy, but if looking attractive in that photo gives them confidence and makes them feel pretty, leave them to it! Everyone should get to feel pretty one way or another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
****, I just got exposed.
:lol:

:rofl:

Wouldn't you know what they looked like already tho

Not quite because they are so many girls that I wouldn't have noticed her before
Reply 8
Original post by Connor_leigh
For me instagram doesn't reflect someone normally. If I take a bunch of photos at a party i'll maybe put one or two of the best on there. We all do it without even realising. So personally it doesn't even bother me at all.

What about selfies where the girl is purposely trying to look hotter than she really is tho

I just realised I do this :getmecoat:

Changing Skies

Obviously not a guy, but if looking attractive in that photo gives them confidence and makes them feel pretty, leave them to it! Everyone should get to feel pretty one way or another.

The guys I know always moan about this though, like it's "false advertising" like makeup or something :dontknow:
Reply 9
Original post by Mochassassin
****, I just got exposed.

Who's that a drawing of in your avi?

Lucasium

Not quite because they are so many girls that I wouldn't have noticed her before

But wouldn't you mostly only follow your friends idk lol
its all about the filters

shoutout to valencia, sierra etcetra etcetra

but if shes ugly irl then um.. we shall have to reconsider our options

Captain America. I prefer drawing Chris Evans' sexy face than the comic book version. :drool:

But wouldn't you mostly only follow your friends idk lol

Yes unless they follow me first, it would be impolite to not follow back. Guys often brows without following
Reply 13
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
its all about the filters

shoutout to valencia, sierra etcetra etcetra

but if shes ugly irl then um.. we shall have to reconsider our options

Some girls can legit add 3 or 4 more points in selfies though. Turning the colours up, taking photos from certain angles like looking down, etc. I can't do that lol they must have serious skills, they look like different people
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Lucasium
Yes unless they follow me first, it would be impolite to not follow back. Guys often brows without following

Like cristiano ronaldo and that model haha?
What about selfies where the girl is purposely trying to look hotter than she really is tho

I just realised I do this :getmecoat:

The guys I know always moan about this though, like it's "false advertising" like makeup or something :dontknow:

But a photo of myself is not an advertisement :/
:hmmmm2:

Never thought about it before.

Ok, so even though I don't use Instagram, I reckon there's nothing wrong with them wanting to look their best :smile:
Wanna see a girl, look at her instagram

If you want to see the real girl, look at the photos she's tagged in on Facebook :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)

advertising? Lol who said I was for sale. If I take a selfie it's for me, not to draw in customers :lol:
Lmao got people feeling catfished

Quick Reply

Latest