The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Scroll to see replies

A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor

Posted from TSR Mobile
“Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life."
Original post by abdulwadud13
A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor

Original post by nucdev
“Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life."

These quotes are amazing. @nucdev thanks so much. You have been posting loads!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Matrix123
These quotes are amazing. @nucdev thanks so much. You have been posting loads!!! :biggrin:

Lol! The number of quotes I have could go on for pages and pages.
And they mostly all come from one person - someone who I'm inspired by.
Original post by nucdev
Lol! The number of quotes I have could go on for pages and pages.
And they mostly all come from one person - someone who I'm inspired by.

Yeah, it's great how many quotes there are. I'm glad that there is that person who has inspired you. The quotes you have posted have really inspired me too. You seem like a really nice person. If you have any sayings that you think might be motivational or inspirational to others, please feel free to share that too. :smile:
"Your sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it and your remedy is within you, but you do not sense it. You presume you are a small entity, but within you is enfolded the entire universe. You are indeed the evident book, by whose alphabets the hidden becomes manifest. Therefore you have no need to look beyond yourself. What you seek is within you, if only you reflect."
Reply 230
Shut your mouth or I'll punch you in the throat you mong- Mahatma Gandhi
"The world isn’t supposed to make sense. If it did, there would be no use for writers or philosophers or songwriters, because what’s the point of talking about something that everyone already understands?"
“Strength is Life, Weakness is Death.
Expansion is Life, Contraction is Death.
Love is Life, Hatred is Death.”

Bit more of a social message: “So long as the millions live in hunger and ignorance, I hold every person a traitor who, having been educated at their expense, pays not the least heed to them!”
Original post by nucdev
“Strength is Life, Weakness is Death.
Expansion is Life, Contraction is Death.
Love is Life, Hatred is Death.”

Bit more of a social message: “So long as the millions live in hunger and ignorance, I hold every person a traitor who, having been educated at their expense, pays not the least heed to them!”

That is a fantastic quote with an amazing message. I totally agree with you! :smile:
I hope that anyone who was/is feeling unsure of the meaning of life will make use of any opportunities they are faced with, simply because they can. Please don't be afraid if there are rough patches in your life. This doesn't mean that you have gone wrong, but that you can learn and grow stronger. #choosechoices :smile:
As I say, I've got loads more where these come from!

“Things do not grow better; they remain as they are. It is we who grow better, by the changes we make in ourselves.”
Reply 237
since i always debate people about spiritual topics and religion,
the quote is from a book called angels and demons;
science and religion are not at odds, science is simply too young to understand.
This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out.
A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up. "Hey you! Can you help me out?"
The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on.
Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up. "Father, I'm down in this hole. Can you help me out?"
The priest writes out a prayer, throws in down in the hole, and moves on.
Then a friend walks by. "Hey Joe, it's me! Can you help me out?"
And the friend jumps in the hole.
Our guy says "Are you stupid? Now we're both down here!"
The friend says "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out."
Original post by nucdev
As I say, I've got loads more where these come from!

“Things do not grow better; they remain as they are. It is we who grow better, by the changes we make in ourselves.”

Original post by Noory
since i always debate people about spiritual topics and religion,
the quote is from a book called angels and demons;
science and religion are not at odds, science is simply too young to understand.

Two more great quotes.
Haha, I'll hold you to that @nucdev but I have no doubt in you you've already made such a phenomenal contribution to this thread. thank you. :smile:
@Noory I have to agree with you. I am religious and I do like the perspective of that quote. I don't really post many religious quotes because I appreciate that some people aren't religious but I really liked that. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest