The Student Room Group

Money

I may have to leave university because my **** of a mother does not lend the money for 2 weeks until I get paid. I urgently need money at the moment and I do not have it yet. She has not lent money in years either. She lives comfortably.
I don't want to leave university because of some *******.
Have you spoke to your uni? They have hardship funds.
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
Have you spoke to your uni? They have hardship funds.

Yes I have applied for a hardship fund. However it will be end of the week until they have decided and I need to pay rent before. Also it can only cover the rent from before and I need to move out.
Oh and if I left university, not only would it be very stupid, it is a lot of debt that I will not have the means to pay off unless I finish university here.
Reply 3
Original post by AQuestion1
Yes I have applied for a hardship fund. However it will be end of the week until they have decided and I need to pay rent before. Also it can only cover the rent from before and I need to move out.
Oh and if I left university, not only would it be very stupid, it is a lot of debt that I will not have the means to pay off unless I finish university here.

try to negotiate with your landlord? take out an emergency loan? do you have a roommate or a friend who can lend you some to get through the week?
Do you have a student banka ccount? They tend to offer interest free overdraft.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending