The Student Room Group

My crush rejected me. How do I brace myself for him hooking up with another girl?

My crush romantically rejected me and said he did not want to go out and date me as he is too busy at the moment, which is not true and he goes out clubbing a lot and has started doing drugs. He also said he is not looking for a relationship, which is probably true.

We are in the same, rather large, circle of friends and recently one girl (who has already slept with 2 guys in this circle and many, many guys outside of it) has started flirting with him and giving him a 'DTF' kind of vibe and I noticed her touching his leg under the table. It's really painful to watch! I mean I would never want to just hook up with him but I just feel life is just rubbing it in as she's very unattractive and is fat with frizzy short hair but I still can't help but feel jealous.

Help! What should I do?
Reply 1
Sleep with her first.
Get a hobby, play a sport watch a Bond film youll be fine, dont get hung up on someone
Get there first. Tell everyone he was **** and had a small penis.

You win.

... Or does he win...
He does drugs- if this is a regular thing, you don't want him.
If he sleeps with this tart, its not your problem.
You are clearly a sensitive and caring individual who wants and deserves someone who cares and wants you, and wants a proper loving relationship with you.
If he just wants a quick screw with her, then that shouldn't be your problem because they are miles behind you. You are on to better things. If he can't see what you're worth, and can't be bothered to give you time, he doesn't deserve you. I know that is easier said than done, and if I could take my own damn advice my life would be a lot easier. Avoid them for a bit, maybe remove them from social media and look at other guys.
You sound pretty mean in your description of her. Is she actually a bad person or are you just jealous?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
You sound pretty mean in your description of her. Is she actually a bad person or are you just jealous?

Yes she is physically unattractive but she also recently slept with her best friend's boyfriend so no she's not a nice person she has no morals or loyalty.
Reply 7
Original post by JollyJelly
Get there first. Tell everyone he was **** and had a small penis.

You win.

... Or does he win...

I don't do hooks ups and I don't want 'revenge' I just don't want to witness them hooking up and being so cheap.
Reply 8
Original post by sleepygirl
He does drugs- if this is a regular thing, you don't want him.
If he sleeps with this tart, its not your problem.
You are clearly a sensitive and caring individual who wants and deserves someone who cares and wants you, and wants a proper loving relationship with you.
If he just wants a quick screw with her, then that shouldn't be your problem because they are miles behind you. You are on to better things. If he can't see what you're worth, and can't be bothered to give you time, he doesn't deserve you. I know that is easier said than done, and if I could take my own damn advice my life would be a lot easier. Avoid them for a bit, maybe remove them from social media and look at other guys.

That's true thanks for your advice. I'm still finding it hard to accept that we are on a different page I've recently seen his true colours and I'm having to let go of the fantasy of who I thought he was. Yes I I am looking for someone who is ready for something more meaningful, and he is not mine so he can get high and have cheap sex as much as he wants.
Reply 9
Original post by NigelSavageFLK82
Get a hobby, play a sport watch a Bond film youll be fine, dont get hung up on someone

I know it's hard because we have so many mutual friends I have to face him a lot :frown: But yeah I need more 'me' time.
Original post by JamesyB
Sleep with her first.

I don't do hooking up and I am straight but honestly she is a very unattractive woman even if I were inclined towards women I would not want to go near her at all.
Well first, listen to Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive (most empowering song ever!)

And then, all I can really say is if that they do hook up and be so cheap, you're actually better off. And as for not wanting to take revenge or hook up with someone, take pride in the fact that you're making the best choices for yourself. It's hurts, but in the long run, it's better for you. You just need to get through the hurt and then you'll move on and eventually find someone who is right for you.

Just be confident and strong, and remind yourself that you'll get through this and still be an awesome woman in the end. :P
Original post by Anonymous
That's true thanks for your advice. I'm still finding it hard to accept that we are on a different page I've recently seen his true colours and I'm having to let go of the fantasy of who I thought he was. Yes I I am looking for someone who is ready for something more meaningful, and he is not mine so he can get high and have cheap sex as much as he wants.

I completely understand that - although my situation has been different, I've recently been hurt by someone I cared about, learned my perception of them was a fantasy and had to let go of that, which is the first step of healing but is very difficult.
I'm at the stage now where I've decided to work on myself and be happy with who I am then consider online dating casually with the hope of finding something more serious - this may work for you.
When you are happy, confident and are with someone who deserves you, you can look at them both and smile at what you have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending