The Student Room Group

Advice about getting over a crush?

I've had a long term crush on a friend of mine, that's over time blossomed into what I *think* is love...

I could go on and on, but I really need to get over this. Any advice would be much appreciated, it's been going on too long. T-T

Thank you.
confess :3
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
confess :3

i wish!!

i'm almost 100% sure they see me platonically, which is fine. i just really need to move on from this with haste.

love...am i right? XD
I've had a long term crush on a friend of mine, that's over time blossomed into what I *think* is love...

I could go on and on, but I really need to get over this. Any advice would be much appreciated, it's been going on too long. T-T

Thank you.

Any crush over a person isn't worth it. Go with the flow of the friendship, I know it's easy for our hormones to rage like nothing else but try to relax and understand where your friendship is at. I doubt you'd want to talk about these feelings with this person due to awkwardness and embarrassment, but I think it is a way to get what's on your mind out in the open.
in same situation as you bro literally same
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
Any crush over a person isn't worth it. Go with the flow of the friendship, I know it's easy for our hormones to rage like nothing else but try to relax and understand where your friendship is at. I doubt you'd want to talk about these feelings with this person due to awkwardness and embarrassment, but I think it is a way to get what's on your mind out in the open.

i didnt understand your 1st statement meaning

Thank you.

How do you even know that? Are you male or female? I mean the other person may like you as well
i didnt understand your 1st statement meaning

What I mean is if you're friends with someone of the opposite gender, keep it as friends until there are signs you both feel like you're more than friends.
What I mean is if you're friends with someone of the opposite gender, keep it as friends until there are signs you both feel like you're more than friends.

what about direct crush?
what about direct crush?

I would try to let go of any crush. In my mind a crush is a strong feeling of love towards someone without them knowing it, it's as if their appearance controls how you feel about them. If they aren't attracted to your and don't speak to you, you should find those who do value your presence. If your crush reciprocates then that's good, but if they don't then move on and don't allow your mind to be overtaken by them.
Reply 10
Original post by username6522098
How do you even know that? Are you male or female? I mean the other person may like you as well

The expression 'When you know, you know' comes to mind, haha.

I know it's love because it's different from a crush, it was slow over time. Felt different after a while. I saw him for who he really was and I just felt like I wanted to be with him for a long time. He annoys me sometimes, sometimes we argue, he makes me laugh, he listens to me and that means everything. So, for me at least, that's how I know I am in love.

I'm not sure how being male or female comes into this? But if you must know, I'm female. I'm not usually the person to fall hard. But, well, it's happened!

Hopefully it'll pass with time.

How embarrassing for me to admit like this, thank you for listening.
Reply 11

Thank you. I appreciate it.

It's not really affecting anything between us because I haven't said anything and kept it (on my terms at least) strictly platonic. Probably selfish, but it's been helping maintain my peace.

He's a wonderful friend, I wouldn't want to lose him to something so trivial (love isn't trivial, but I'm sure you understand what I'm saying haha).

I really appreciate the 'go with the flow' comment, emotions flare like crazy in situations like this, and it's comforting to hear and feel grounded.

Thank you again, and thank you for taking the time to read and reply to me. 🙂
Reply 12
Thank you. I appreciate it.

It's not really affecting anything between us because I haven't said anything and kept it (on my terms at least) strictly platonic. Probably selfish, but it's been helping maintain my peace.

He's a wonderful friend, I wouldn't want to lose him to something so trivial (love isn't trivial, but I'm sure you understand what I'm saying haha).

I really appreciate the 'go with the flow' comment, emotions flare like crazy in situations like this, and it's comforting to hear and feel grounded.

Thank you again, and thank you for taking the time to read and reply to me. 🙂

I've not been in this situation myself, but my friend had exactly the same dilemma not so long ago. My friend considered confessing his feelings for his crush who had already rejected a lot of her male friends, and I encouraged him not to as it was clear that she was not into him at all. And, well, if you've noticed any signs that your crush likes you back, maybe start flirting with him a bit instead of outright confessing and see if he responds! However, if you're totally sure that he only sees you as a friend, as you've said, it's better to keep him as a friend as confessing could make things awkward and damage the friendship. It's sometimes very difficult to judge the situation yourself, so maybe consider talking to a trusted friend who also knows your crush and see what they say? You don't want to end up in a 'Love, Rosie' situation lol.

Otherwise, the best way to get over a crush is to find another crush haha! So maybe get out there and see if someone else catches your attention? (I don't know if you're in school, college, uni, a small town or a city so I'm not sure how limited your options are!) You could also focus on your hobbies and interests or find new ones, spend time with other friends, and distance yourself from your crush a bit without damaging the friendship too much, as that really is the only way to avoid making the yearning worse :,)

I hope everything works out for you, whatever you decide!!
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank you.

r u a boy or girl. if ur a boy go for it. if ur a girl wait a bit then idk do smth a girl would do. idk im a boy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending