The Student Room Group

Was I raped?

Scroll to see replies

I'm so sorry that happened to you :frown: I'm afraid to say that is rape. If you said no and he didn't stop, that's rape, you don't have to be physically pushing him off. Also, if you're too drunk to consent, that's also rape.

He clearly knew you were not in a fit state to consent but took you home to do what he wanted with you.
Reply 21
Sounds like rape to me. What do you want to happen?
I shall quote the law...

Sexual offences act 2003

A person (A) commits and offence if

(a) He intentionally penetrates the vagina,anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,
(b) B does not consent to the penetration and
(c) (A) does not reasonably believe that (B) consents

Now the question in this case is not as to whether penetration occurred as clearly that appears to be the case.

The question is, did he reasonably believe that you consented? How could he reasonably believe it if you were intoxicated? Were you in a fit state to consent?

I believe there is a suspicion of rape at least.

If you firmly believe that that was the case, then make a complaint.

I have been a juror in a rape case. You must be convinced and sure because you will have to face the posturing of a defence barrister.
Original post by Andy98
Yeah that's rape. Sorry kid

Posted from TSR Mobile

does anal count as rape?
Reply 24
Original post by cheimcallyginger
does anal count as rape?

Yes. Rape is described in law as forced penetrative sex. It says nothing about which hole is used.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Yes. Rape is described in law as forced penetrative sex. It says nothing about which hole is used.

Posted from TSR Mobile

my post 23 describes what the law says. It doesnt even have to be forced. It is consent that matters.
Reply 26
Original post by cheimcallyginger
does anal count as rape?

If it involves a penis entering your body against your will; everything counts. Otherwise it's classed as sexual assault if it's of that nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Limpopo
my post 23 describes what the law says. It doesnt even have to be forced. It is consent that matters.

I worded it badly, I think. I meant without the consent of an individual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
well sh*t, on holiday a guy got out of his car when i was walking back to the resort and - i was hoping it wouldn't count.
He raped you. He could face charges. He did a bad thing . Tell the police
Reply 30
Original post by Anonymous
I had sex 2 weeks ago with someone I'd been on one date with 6 months before.
He hadn't drunk any alcohol because he was driving, but I had drunk a lot, and when my friends went home because they thought I'd already left, I was left with him and his friends. We then went into town and he bought me another drink (double), then in the car he dropped all his friends home. Along the journey, I said 'wait...I don't live this way' and he replied 'I know', and we arrived at his place and he hadn't dropped me home like he said. He kept saying come in but I kept refusing and saying I wasn't going back to his but he opened the car door and grabbed at my hand and was like nahh come on. Anyway I was quite drunk so I don't remember all of it since then but basically I remember him inserting his penis into me and I was wincing and telling him 'ouch, no it's hurting' but he carried on...he is a lot bigger than me and I remember being like he was on top of me and I couldn't move anything...
However I didn't hit him or shove him off me so does it not count as rape? I'm 18.
But I have to reiterate although I had drank a lot I didn't scream or shout or make any effort to move away from him at the time. When he went to sleep I stayed awake all night and by the time he woke up several hours later I was sat on the floor

Rape's a joke these days.
Reply 31
Original post by JRN19
Rape's a joke these days.

No it isn't. That was rape as she didn't consent. She was too drunk to consent. Read the definition on the previous page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
If she really didn't like it she would have fought back violently, drunk or not. The boys parents also must have thought there was something odd when their son came home with a drunk girl, no?
Reply 33
Original post by JRN19
If she really didn't like it she would have fought back violently, drunk or not. The boys parents also must have thought there was something odd when their son came home with a drunk girl, no?

Many people in a situation like that freeze. You are victim blaming. She was very drunk and may not have been able to comprehend the situation she was in.

The legal test is "did she consent" if the answer is no, then that is rape. He may not live with his parents or they may have been out/ asleep. That is utterly irrelevant to whether or not she was raped. As is the question of whether or not she fought against it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
The consequences for rape are catastrophic. Years of imprisonment is a bit harsh a guy who's in desperate need for sex on a single girl
Original post by JRN19

Ho ho ho. You are a funny chap aren't you? Maybe if you knew the first thing about rape your comment would be valid but you are talking *******s I am afraid. You are clearly a believer in rape myths or you get a sexual thrill from talking crap about sexual violence.

Many, many woman do not fight back. Had she done so she could have been beaten up or strangled so that he got his way. Would that satisfy you?
Original post by JRN19
The consequences for rape are catastrophic. Years of imprisonment is a bit harsh a guy who's in desperate need for sex on a single girl

Years of imprisonment just for holding a woman down, forcing a penis into her which might cause severe internal injury, making her terrified of men and sex for years, potentially getting her pregnant against her will, giving her an STD or any other disease transmissable by body fluids. It's a real shame isn't it? After all: he only wanted to get his jollies.

Maybe a 2 month suspended sentence and a nice lolly pop would be better.

I cannot work out if you are a troll; an idiot; a rapist or something else. Please tell. What I do know is that you probably don't have a girlfriend (I make the assumption you are a troll).
Reply 37
Original post by JRN19

If she says no, tough s***. You don't get sex. She is well within her rights to say no. She doesn't have to give a reason. Her right to bodily autonomy trumps your desire to have sex. Sex is not a necessity for life. It is pleasant for some people, but you can live without it. Even if you couldn't, that does not give you the right to force someone to do something that they don't want to.

The consequences of rape are catastrophic. She could catch an STD and have to get treatment. She could get pregnant and have to face the choice to abort or keep her baby. This is not an easy decision to make under any circumstances, but rape makes it all so much harder to deal with. She could also face mental traumas such as PTSD and depression. All because you decided that your desire for a "little bit of fun" was more important than the rights of another human being.

Years of imprisonment is perfectly fair. Rapists deserve it. They deserve far longer than they get. More of them need prosecuting for their despicable crimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Canterbury bloke
Years of imprisonment just for holding a woman down, forcing a penis into her which might cause severe internal injury, making her terrified of men and sex for years, potentially getting her pregnant against her will, giving her an STD or any other disease transmissable by body fluids. It's a real shame isn't it? After all: he only wanted to get his jollies.

I cannot work out if you are a troll; an idiot; a rapist or something else. Please tell. What I do know is that you probably don't have a girlfriend (I make the assumption you are a troll).

Obviously rape without a use of condom would be justifiable regarding the criminal punishment. But if the rapist uses a condom and doesn't physically harm the woman, and she's single, would you still think a rapist deserves such a harsh punishment?
Reply 39
Original post by Canterbury bloke

Severe internal injury? You'll have just as much chance of getting that in normal sexual intercourse

Quick Reply

Latest