The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sebklaine
that's weird! I got one saying that they are trying to get through things as fast as possible and just a general reminder to make sure to add nottingham to my lnat list if i hadn't already, but nothing about a time frame o.0 what did yours say exactly?

Hey, I applied on the 15th and haven't heard anything from Notts - not an acknowledgement or a general reminder?
Original post by Mikasa_ackerman
Hey, I applied on the 15th and haven't heard anything from Notts - not an acknowledgement or a general reminder?

Neither have I
Original post by CJaneH
Has anyone who's applied to Nottingham received a weird email talking about LNAT and the general time frames in which you'll hear from them depending on the LNAT score? I'm hoping it's just a generic email

Yes. I did. I sent off my application 3 weeks ago, and it's odd that they're sending it to me now.

Maybe it's because they're considering us now. :scared:
Original post by fabruttledge
Neither have I

I hope this doesn't mean anything significant...:confused:
Reply 624
that's weird! I got one saying that they are trying to get through things as fast as possible and just a general reminder to make sure to add nottingham to my lnat list if i hadn't already, but nothing about a time frame o.0 what did yours say exactly?

What does it mean add the uni to your lnat list? I thought you just put down your ucas number on your lnat profile and then they got it through that?
Reply 625
Worried about my LNAT as i ran out of time in the essay and didn't press next. Does it automatically save your work?
Original post by bdlands
Congratulations!! :biggrin: bet you are relieved that the first one has come through

This is my second, got one from LJMU too but Queens is the one I wanted the most, so relieved!!
Original post by Topo15
What does it mean add the uni to your lnat list? I thought you just put down your ucas number on your lnat profile and then they got it through that?

On your LNAT/pearsonvue profile page, there's an additional information section where you select what unis you want your LNAT to go to.
Original post by CJaneH
Has anyone who's applied to Nottingham received a weird email talking about LNAT and the general time frames in which you'll hear from them depending on the LNAT score? I'm hoping it's just a generic email

I received this email earlier today! I think it is just a generic one to those they are considering currently, as they have to ensure they have everyone's LNAT scores.
Reply 629
Original post by thepaperhero
On your LNAT/pearsonvue profile page, there's an additional information section where you select what unis you want your LNAT to go to.

Ah yeah, I filled that out but had completely forgotten about it so I was worried for a bit.
Reply 630

Original post by Pythian
Yes. I did. I sent off my application 3 weeks ago, and it's odd that they're sending it to me now.

Maybe it's because they're considering us now. :scared:

Original post by tillieclark
I received this email earlier today! I think it is just a generic one to those they are considering currently, as they have to ensure they have everyone's LNAT scores.

Phew! Yeah my application was completely done by the 19th October, but it said on the email that after 2 weeks if you had done well on the LNAT they would be giving you an offer, and if they didn't it meant you had not so high LNAT scores. Guessing it means in the next two weeks then
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Got a surprising unconditional offer from Leicester today! It'll most likely end up being my insurance, but it's such a relief that, no matter what and regardless of grades, I'll be going to study law, and I won't have to deal with clearing or a gap year!

Hi would you mind me asking your predicted grades?
Im trying to work out where to apply ! Haha! Thankyou
Original post by th_lauren
If you don't mind me asking what were your grades at AS Level and what are you predicted for A2? when did you send off your UCAS?

That is amazing! Well done! Where are you applying, have you had any other offers? Would you mind me asking your GCSE's and predicted grades? Im thinking of applying!
Thankyou
Original post by hhh97
Hi guys have anybody got any offers yet?

I've got one from Sheffield, equivalent of AAA (Im doing Access course)
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Got a surprising unconditional offer from Leicester today! It'll most likely end up being my insurance, but it's such a relief that, no matter what and regardless of grades, I'll be going to study law, and I won't have to deal with clearing or a gap year!

Well done! Would you mind me asking your GCSE's and predicted grades?
Thankyou
I am looking to apply for Queen Mary to study law the entry is A*AA, my predicted grades are A*AB or may even be AAB do you think it is worth me applying or is it a waste? i am also doing an EPQ
Original post by WarwickH
I am looking to apply for Queen Mary to study law the entry is A*AA, my predicted grades are A*AB or may even be AAB do you think it is worth me applying or is it a waste? i am also doing an EPQ

I think it's definitely worth applying to, as long as you have some back up options with lower entry requirements! aim high
Original post by fabruttledge
I think it's definitely worth applying to, as long as you have some back up options with lower entry requirements! aim high

i just dont want to waste a choice, ive seen people with 3 A*s get rejected so its abit demotivating :frown:
i think im going to apply for Royal Hollaway as well! :smile:
Original post by CJaneH

well I got an email from them saying they had my application almost 4 weeks ago now! So I'm very scared! I REALLY hope I hear back soon cause I need a good LNAT score for Oxford!!
For reference - I found my email from Nottingham in the junk folder. It reads as follows and states you hear within 2 weeks if unsuccessful -

"Thank you for your application to the University of Nottingham. As you may be aware your chosen programme is very popular, attracting large numbers of applications from highly qualified candidates. We realise that you will want to be notified of our decision as soon as possible, and we will not hold your application unnecessarily. Within two weeks of your application being received by the School of Law it will be subject to initial analysis. Those candidates who clearly meet or exceed our standard entry requirements and who score highly in the LNAT will be made an offer shortly after this initial analysis. Applications from candidates who clearly meet or exceed our standard entry requirements but who do not score so highly in the LNAT will be gathered and held. Those candidates who do not clearly meet our standard entry requirements and/or who do not score highly in the LNAT will not be made an offer. Candidates in this latter category can expect to be informed of our decision within two weeks of their application being received by the School of Law. Details will be communicated to you through the UCAS system in the usual manner. In order for your application to be considered further, it will be necessary for us to have your results from the LNAT test. If you have already taken the LNAT test, you do not need to do anything further. We will recover your test results from Pearson Vue. Please also note that if you took the test previously, for entry in September 2015, it will be necessary to re-take the test this year. Please also be sure to enter the names of the Universities to whom you have applied on your LNAT form. If you have already taken LNAT this year, but did not enter the names of the Universities you have now chosen, you should re-visit your LNAT registration and complete that section of the form; you need to have taken the LNAT test before 15 January 2016.
Best regards, The Undergraduate Admissions TeamThe University of Nottingham"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending