The Student Room Group

He calls me everyday... Not sure what to make of this.

So met a guy last week. He's called me pretty much everyday, but I've missed his calls. I either call back if I can or text him if I'm busy. Basically we keep missing each other. Yesterday was the first time we've had a proper conversation on the phone and I was surprised how sweet he seemed and how well we got along. Prior to this conversation he called me in the evening around the time he finished work.

Today he called me after he finishesd work again and I happened to be on my break so I answered. He asked if I was at home, I said I finished worked at about 9ish and he ended the conversation.

I understand this is the getting to know each stage and all Of that. I guess I'm not used to the constant calling as I've just come out of a relationship about four months ago. He doesn't come across as creepy or clingy over the phone or when I met him .. its really hard to describe him.

Does anyone else share a similar experience? is this the norm?
Original post by phunky_fresh
So met a guy last week. He's called me pretty much everyday, but I've missed his calls. I either call back if I can or text him if I'm busy. Basically we keep missing each other. Yesterday was the first time we've had a proper conversation on the phone and I was surprised how sweet he seemed and how well we got along. Prior to this conversation he called me in the evening around the time he finished work.

Today he called me after he finishesd work again and I happened to be on my break so I answered. He asked if I was at home, I said I finished worked at about 9ish and he ended the conversation.

I understand this is the getting to know each stage and all Of that. I guess I'm not used to the constant calling as I've just come out of a relationship about four months ago. He doesn't come across as creepy or clingy over the phone or when I met him .. its really hard to describe him.

if a guy is really intrested in you of course he is going to talk to you everyday. he probably thinks you're avoiding him.
Sounds forward. Calling people is scary.
It does sound clingy to be calling every day.
Reply 4
He's keen.
Original post by SmashConcept

I prefer face to face , so much easier.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I prefer face to face , so much easier.

Yes I too like to meet people when I have relationships with them.
it's clear that he's interested in you :smile: go for it. it's better than getting no calls LOL.
Yes I too like to meet people when I have relationships with them.

Yeah conversations don't flow on the phone for me :frown:
My ex used to call me every night even if we'd seen each other that day and I would often fall asleep while on the phone to him. My fiance never did that. While we were long distance we would talk every couple of days, I worked during the day and he worked night so it was just a few of hours where we would be able to get hold of each other after i finished and he started. I guess it depends on your age and relationship but I couldn't stand a guy who called me every day especially if he didn't think to ask when I'd be free and able to talk.
Original post by phunky_fresh

I think he is just really interested to get to know you and talk to you. But he doesn't want to come across that way. So he is ringing you, but trying to give you space at the same time.
Calling you everyday when you only met last week is some effort, wouldn't say it's the norm.
Original post by txmidayoxo
if a guy is really intrested in you of course he is going to talk to you everyday. he probably thinks you're avoiding him.

But my thing is the fact it's only been a week. I doubt he thinks I'm avoiding him since be still continues to call me and knows I work etc.

Lol in the beginning it is, but once you get used to the person its a piece of cake.
Original post by SeanFM
It does sound clingy to be calling every day.

Hmm. Don't get me wrong I've had guys text me everyday before. My ex did this at the start, however calling is a little different to me.

Original post by Zarek
He's keen.

Is that a good or bad thing? Lol
Original post by samina_ay
it's clear that he's interested in you :smile: go for it. it's better than getting no calls LOL.

Lol nobody calls me as it is. I get that just seems like alot of effort for someone I've just met. Plus I've had bad experiences with constant callers in the past.

Original post by hippieglitter
My ex used to call me every night even if we'd seen each other that day and I would often fall asleep while on the phone to him. My fiance never did that. While we were long distance we would talk every couple of days, I worked during the day and he worked night so it was just a few of hours where we would be able to get hold of each other after i finished and he started. I guess it depends on your age and relationship but I couldn't stand a guy who called me every day especially if he didn't think to ask when I'd be free and able to talk.

I hear you. When I was younger I had all the time in the world and I would fall asleep on the phone talking to this guys. These days I just dont have the time. We're both 26 and we've just met lol.
Original post by william walker
I think he is just really interested to get to know you and talk to you. But he doesn't want to come across that way. So he is ringing you, but trying to give you space at the same time.

That's an interesting way to think of it. I thought if someone wanted to talk to you and give you space, they would text you instead. Texting allows me to do more than one thing at once whereas calling is more time consuming in my eyes. Maybe he just prefers talking on the phone.

Original post by Fiduciam
Calling you everyday when you only met last week is some effort, wouldn't say it's the norm.

Thanks - that's what I think. I've had guys text me daily/regularly but it didn't bother me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending