The Student Room Group

I think he has decided to stop talking to me. I am in unimaginable. What do I do?

This is a guy i've been talking to daily for almost a month and I was so sure that he liked me as he would make efforts to talk everyday and checks on how my day was. We have lot of similar interests and we would exchange music and talk about the universe for hours.
He is an Introvert but he opened up to me about his family as well. He is not a talkative person but he would text with me for hours and even text me in the middle of t day to check how I'm doing.
He's a guy that my friend tried to set me up with years ago but didn't work and suddenly after we met for the first time at a wedding a few weeks ago, he started talking to me.
Yesterday he told me he was having a disastrous day at work for which I replied "Oh good luck then :smile: " which is lame I know but I didnt think too much of it.
However after that text he didnt talk to me for the entire day. So I texted him that evening and asked him how he managed to deal with eeverything that day. Then he replied after about an hour "I was doing somehting. Yeah I managed it" and after that I tried to get him to talk with me but he was so cold to me and told me to cncenrate on my coming exam. He has not talked to me after that convo and I can see him online every 15/20 min. I am feeling miserable over here and I'm upset that he's behaving this way. have I offended him?
He's not the kind of person that I can ask about this directly.
We are not dating yet and he's still a friend that I thougth was interested in me. I am feeling sad and miserable as I can't do anything about this. I don't want to lose him. Please advise me?
Reply 1
If you consider him a friend then he is exactly 'the kind of person that you can ask about this directly.' Pick up the phone and talk to him instead of speculating!
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
If you consider him a friend then he is exactly 'the kind of person that you can ask about this directly.' Pick up the phone and talk to him instead of speculating!

We have never spoken over the phone. It's always been text messages and he's a big introvert who doesn't like phone calls. So I texted him that night after this incident and he did reply but sounded irritated and a little bit like he was just trying to be nice to me but he wanted me to stop texting him.
Reply 3
Maybe it was just a really bad day and he just needs a bit of time to himself, I'd leave it and let him get in contact with you. If you have to worry about whether everything you say is going to upset/offend/bore him though then it's more effort than it's worth. You didn't say or do anything wrong. If he's really a good friend then give him a bit of space and he'll come back to you and apologise and say it was a bad time - he needs to apologise I think as he shouldn't be taking it out on you. Remember this is someone that you've only known a month, don't let him affect you so badly. Distract yourself by keeping busy and seeing other friends and don't get too dependent on him too fast or you could easily end up with your heart broken.
Reply 4
Original post by JackSan123
Maybe it was just a really bad day and he just needs a bit of time to himself, I'd leave it and let him get in contact with you. If you have to worry about whether everything you say is going to upset/offend/bore him though then it's more effort than it's worth. You didn't say or do anything wrong. If he's really a good friend then give him a bit of space and he'll come back to you and apologise and say it was a bad time - he needs to apologise I think as he shouldn't be taking it out on you. Remember this is someone that you've only known a month, don't let him affect you so badly. Distract yourself by keeping busy and seeing other friends and don't get too dependent on him too fast or you could easily end up with your heart broken.

Thank you so much for saying this. I've been beating myself up about this for the past 24 hours. I've been through many heart breaks and I guess I always try to hold on to the smallest thing that makes me feel happy and when i notice the slightest change in their behaviour I feel sad and upset. I might sound like a weak girl. I am pretty head strong except when it comes to love and relationships.
I really like him and I do want this to work out. But like you said I'm going to let him contact me.
If what we had was real an he too likes me the way I like him he will reach out. Hopefully.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
We have never spoken over the phone. It's always been text messages and he's a big introvert who doesn't like phone calls. So I texted him that night after this incident and he did reply but sounded irritated and a little bit like he was just trying to be nice to me but he wanted me to stop texting him.

So what? Why wait for him to get in touch? Don't start playing games. Phone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending