The Student Room Group

Can't stop smoking

At some point in September I randomly decided to buy a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Just wanted to see what it felt like.

I've been smoking ever since. Today I was feeling down and smoked an entire pack of 20 cigarettes.

This bugs me, I remember back in school judging the smoker kids as conformist losers, and here I am now, infinitely more of a loser than them.

What can I do? I don't wanna die man.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why
Reply 2
I've found that going cold turkey works the best. Feels like murder the first few days, but then it just goes away.

Of course I've yet to quit the habit permanently, but that is another story :lol:
Reply 3
Just get a vape
[QUOTE=Tom Jickleson;60580949]At some point in September I randomly decided to buy a lighter and a pack of cigarettes.

...I'm sorry, but how bored do you have to be to choose to give yourself an unhealthy addiction? :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
e-cigs dude
Original post by Tom Jickleson
At some point in September I randomly decided to buy a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Just wanted to see what it felt like.

I've been smoking ever since. Today I was feeling down and smoked an entire pack of 20 cigarettes.

This bugs me, I remember back in school judging the smoker kids as conformist losers, and here I am now, infinitely more of a loser than them.

What can I do? I don't wanna die man.

wtf i've been smoking for about 3 years and I only need to smoke 1 or 2 a day, how did you manage to get so addicted so quickly?
Reply 7
20 in a day that quickly??? Bloody hell OP lol
it's your funeral so just stop
It's amazing how quickly it escalates. I used to smoke occasionally when I was out or if I got stressed, then a couple a day, then half a pack a day and now I'm up to 20 a day too. The thing is I don't really want to give up right now.
Chew gum instead
Original post by IanDangerously
It's amazing how quickly it escalates. I used to smoke occasionally when I was out or if I got stressed, then a couple a day, then half a pack a day and now I'm up to 20 a day too. The thing is I don't really want to give up right now.

I know what you mean man. I get this weird pleasure of doing something that I know is upsetting for me.
only for you girl :sly: x
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Chew gum instead

I tried but it didn't work. Gum just isn't cool.
Thats what cigarettes do, they hook onto you, then fck you up, give up man! you can do it, buy nicotine patches or ask your local GP for help
Original post by K.C
why

My love,
You are a man of very few words :h:

Spoiler

Original post by ikhan94
Thats what cigarettes do, they hook onto you, then fck you up, give up man! you can do it, buy nicotine patches or ask your local GP for help

I think I need to replace it with something. Maybe alcohol as long as it was really weak like 4% stuff.
I'll be round at about 7 x
Original post by Tom Jickleson
I think I need to replace it with something. Maybe alcohol as long as it was really weak like 4% stuff.

Naa bro alcohols even worse, get a hobby or something, something that distracts your mind like sport or gym
ur cheating on me :cry2: ??!!

Quick Reply

Latest