The Student Room Group

RAF Medical Standards Leaflet

Hi, I'm just filling in the Medical Standards Leaflet for my AST and it asks for my URN and reference number. I'm guessing URN stands for Unique Reference Number or something similar but as there is nothing anywhere on the website or in any of the forms I cant be sure. Also, I don't actually have anything labelled as an URN. There is a 13 digit number simply labelled 'Reference' at the top of one of my emails from the AFCO so I'm guessing that is it as there is no other reference to a reference number anywhere! Could anyone confirm if that is what I'm looking for if I'm missing something somewhere? Apologies if I've been a bit thick and missed something obvious but I've looked everywhere for an explanation of this and found nothing.
That's for the AFCO staff to fill in.
Reply 2
Original post by ChrisLincoln
That's for the AFCO staff to fill in.

Thanks! I thought it might be! For the medical forms do you need to hand in all the sheets, even the ones that didnt apply to you?
Original post by Sincil91
Thanks! I thought it might be! For the medical forms do you need to hand in all the sheets, even the ones that didnt apply to you?

You don't need to, however it's best to keep the MSL together. Fill in the sections appropriate to you, but take along the rest anyway.

My advice for the entire of your application would be to invest in a leather folder to keep all of your RAF Careers documentation, and all of the paperwork they require you to bring through the process (exam certificates, ID etc). Then take that folder with you every time you have any appointment with the RAF. It's always best to have everything on hand just in case, than have your application delayed because you didn't pick up a sheet as you didn't think you'd need it etc.

(If you haven't already done this.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks. Was debating taking out the 'Airmen only' sheets but decided it would be best to keep it all together. I've already got a folder with all the forms and documents in it so I can take everything to the test. Thanks for the advice!
Hello. When or how do you find out you URN number for the RAF?
Original post by timmmmmmmmy

It will be on correspondence between AFCO and you. You really don't need to know or worry about it though.
Reply 7
Original post by timmmmmmmmy

You should be able to find it at the top of emails that your AFCO send you

Quick Reply

Latest