The Student Room Group

Will girls look down on me if I can't afford the Carrera S?

Ive been pretty happy this week. Things are going reasonably well. However there is still something playing on my mind.

I am worried that despite buying a Porsche, this still won't be enough to win over the very best-looking girls.

And I think this is because I'm not going for the Carrera S - I cannot afford it. It would cost £84,000 without options. The Carrera is just about within my reach at £77,000.

Here is a picture of the basic Carrera:

And the S

Do you think the girlies would notice the massive exhausts, the 20-inch S wheels, the S badge?

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes. You are nothing without it. :angry:
Original post by william walker
Yes. You are nothing without it. :angry:

I feared this :frown:

WTF do I do
:yawn:
They don't care mate, you're too busy seeking validation on TSR.
Original post by Awesome Genius
I feared this :frown:

WTF do I do

Get penis enlargement surgery to make up for it? :biggrin:
I don't think most girls can tell the bloody difference between the two cars. They can tell between a decent guy and a materialistic utter **** though.

Spoiler

I definitely wouldn't go out with you.
Original post by samina_ay
They don't care mate, you're too busy seeking validation on TSR.

All girls seem to care about cars though.

I think you can be a whole 1.5 / 10 points down on your rival with a VW polo and still score with a powerful BMW or Porsche. Easily.

It makes a big difference.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
I definitely wouldn't go out with you.

Didn't ask lol
Reply 10
Ive been pretty happy this week. Things are going reasonably well. However there is still something playing on my mind.

I am worried that despite buying a Porsche, this still won't be enough to win over the very best-looking girls.

And I think this is because I'm not going for the Carrera S - I cannot afford it. It would cost £84,000 without options. The Carrera is just about within my reach at £77,000.

Here is a picture of the basic Carrera:

And the S

Do you think the girlies would notice the massive exhausts, the 20-inch S wheels, the S badge?

What an ugly looking car ...
I cannot actually say about the person that drives this ...
Original post by Sparster
I don't think most girls can tell the bloody difference between the two cars. They can tell between a decent guy and a materialistic utter **** though.

Spoiler

What about you? Can you tell the difference between the two cars?

I am a decent guy. Ive saved countless lives through my intelligence and hard work, how many lives have you said hating on people on internet forums? Zero.
Didn't ask lol

You asked if girls would; I am a girl :/ I checked.
Reply 13
Dunno about the girls, but I'm sure the rest of the Indian community will look down on you if you don't get a Merc.
Forget about the Porsche - the reputation of our community is at stake so buy a Mercedes, bachcha!
Original post by TeeEm
What an ugly looking car ...
I cannot actually say about the person that drives this ...

OMG how is that ugly?! Its one of the most beautiful cars ever created!
Want to stand out? You've got to really up your game with something original....

top-30-weirdest-cars-ever-made-05.jpg
Reply 16
OMG how is that ugly?! Its one of the most beautiful cars ever created!

I would be embarrassed to drive this
Original post by nucdev
Dunno about the girls, but I'm sure the rest of the Indian community will look down on you if you don't get a Merc.
Forget about the Porsche - the reputation of our community is at stake so buy a Mercedes, bachcha!

lol Yeah my dad is a Mercedes person. He doesn't buy anything else.

But Merc is for like older people? And its not a cool as saying 'hey...I have a Porsche'.
They will look down on you for doing this but your parents paying your rent/living with mummy and daddy (you were whining somthing about this last week)
Original post by TeeEm
I would be embarrassed to drive this

Do you really think that aesthetically this car isn't good-looking?
Or are you approaching this from a more socially-aware point of view...its "ostentatious" and all that stuff?

Quick Reply

Latest