The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Are you still guttered?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea sounds like it's a good game.

I'm still at work and just got dumped with even more work. FML.
Original post by The.Joker
3-1 :lol:

We haven't played anywhere near to the best of our abilities but I'll take that!
Scoring another 2/3 goals in the second half would be nice.

you don't ask for much do you? :wink:
Great leave by Sturridge, he knew Moreno was running in behind him... :tongue:

Original post by Lúcio
Damn right they are. That's why it's tough when you aren't playing. Can't get the service these days :wink:

Oh yeah, there's no denying Can has the raw ability but it's just a matter of honing it. He has the potential to be a top player and I'm confident Klopp can mould him well.

I know we had problems in defence but Rodgers playing him in CB was ridiculous. It was clear after using him a few times there that it wasn't working but he stupidly persisted.
Can is by no means flawless but he's a MUCH better asset for us when he's in midfield.

That's why it's so annoying about Sturridge though.
Logically when a high-wage player plays less than half of your games, you can't keep him on. But when he has such quality like that, you start to have real decisions to make :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh Can couldn't replace any of our midfielders at the time and was a better option than playing Allen, Johnson or Lovren, it allowed Ibe/Markovic to not have to track back as much at RWB, we had had our best period when we were playing the system iirc and at the end of the day he gained valuable experience playing there.

In terms of Sturridge, yes wages are to be considered, but lets be honest we could spend another £30 mil (not inc. wages) on another player and not guarantee the amount of goals and play that Sturridge brings us, so the wages are worth it for the spending risks that we don't have to take on another player. It works well given that we have players that also suit a false-9 system should neither Sturridge or Benteke be available. That's not to say we shouldn't buy another striker if there's a good option available, but that'd be instead of Origi rather than Sturridge.

Edit: Just seen Origi did in fact get the damming touch. :eek:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The.Joker
3-1 :lol:

We haven't played anywhere near to the best of our abilities but I'll take that!
Scoring another 2/3 goals in the second half would be nice.

I'll take going through without any injuries..
This Klopp lad is quite good
Firstly, Klopp has made us scarily good without even spending money. That's frightening.

Secondly, I didn't even realise Pelle was playing until just now. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a United fan, here's hoping Sturridge doesn't stay fit for the entire season
Original post by Dirtybit
This Klopp lad is quite good

Lot of clubs will be kicking themselves for not getting him in.
Origi, great goal.
F*cking hell Origi :redface:
.......top 4 confirmed.
Origi!!!
4th striker though :wink:

What a finish lad! Really happy to see him score.
Weird because he's been absolutely anonymous but that goal will do him the world of good.

We have been ridiculously clinical in this match. This seriously isn't normal for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oceansiz3
As a United fan, here's hoping Sturridge doesn't stay fit for the entire season

No need to hope, just expect it...
Mane, Origi and Sturridge the goalscorers. @Nwakaeme would be loving this.
:woo:
This just gets better and better!
This just gets better and better :smile:
Absolute rekkage.
RIP Zerforax

It's even better when we still haven't had the likes of Henderson/Milner/Firmino/Benteke/Coutinho.

We got a decent manager don't we?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I hate to say this but... Allen seems to get this system, been very impressed with him.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
This just gets better and better :smile:

Beat you to it :wink:

Latest