The Student Room Group

Share miracles of the Quran

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
@Good bloke, I found a Muslim who spells it 'Moslem.' It's officially not-offensive to spell it like that now. :biggrin:

it never was, of course.

'Tis a pity they spoiled it by asking the stupid question:

How could an illiterate man who lived 1400 years ago have known that we cannot breath with increased altitude?

to which the answer is obviously:

By himself walking up a mountain (of which there are plenty in Arabia that affect breathing, up to 3,300m high) and experiencing the difficulties at first hand.
Original post by luminarychild
tolerant? you told me to f off just from my statement about the quran being true, can't handle an opinion?
I just informed you that I am not tolerant of the intolerant.

What part of that are you struggling to understand?

Proves you cannot accept other peoples beliefs, showing you are prejudice and definitely NOT intellectually flexible.

You don't seem to be sufficiently intellectually-equipped for a reasonable discussion thus I will not continue wasting my time responding to your drivel.

Goodbye.
Reply 62
Original post by honey55497
dont say no to that what about other miracles such as embrology when science recently fiqured out and keith more who is niot a muslim have claimed the quran talking about embrology to be correct sorry for the typing error

Any actual rebuttal for the altitude point?

As for embryology, there is a lot wrong with the Qurans description of it. It says that the bones form and then are wrapped in flash, when actually bone and muscle form at the same time (and bones actually finish development later). Most of Moore's interpretation of Quranic embryology is seriously twisting the definitions of words, and much of the description in the Quran is basically copying greek philosophers.
Original post by lucaf
Any actual rebuttal for the altitude point?

As for embryology, there is a lot wrong with the Qurans description of it. It says that the bones form and then are wrapped in flash, when actually bone and muscle form at the same time (and bones actually finish development later). Most of Moore's interpretation of Quranic embryology is seriously twisting the definitions of words, and much of the description in the Quran is basically copying greek philosophers.

u cant interpret this islamic sho,lars can becuase it would be lyk the bible where anyone interprets anything and misconcepts out of contedt quotes and clearly look at keith moore he clearly states its accurate
dont say no to that what about other miracles such as embrology when science recently fiqured out and keith more who is niot a muslim have claimed the quran talking about embrology to be correct sorry for the typing error

Here is an entire study that refutes this claim about the Quranic embryology 'miracle'.
TL;DR- The proponents of this argument purposely twist the arabic meaning of the words in the quran, one word in arabic would somehow turn into sentences. Here's a small excerpt:
"A single word such as alaqah (i.e blood clot) has a meaning that is now four sentences long. Words such as qararin makeen
or “place of rest” (i.e womb) now refer to various technical stages of developmental biology involving discrete terms like blastocyst and implantation."
This was in reference to Hamza Andreas Tzortzis.
Reply 65
u cant interpret this islamic sho,lars can becuase it would be lyk the bible where anyone interprets anything and misconcepts out of contedt quotes and clearly look at keith moore he clearly states its accurate

Islamic scholars are obviously biased into trying to make the Quran look true, and are not particularly knowledgeable on embryology. Ironically the only way to make the Qurans "miracles" seem true is to take them out of context and twist their definitions, as done by Keith Moore.
Original post by lucaf
Islamic scholars are obviously biased into trying to make the Quran look true, and are not particularly knowledgeable on embryology. Ironically the only way to make the Qurans "miracles" seem true is to take them out of context and twist their definitions, as done by Keith Moore.

soory to say but what u have said is totally wrong keith moore did not do that mate hes a scientist why u gona rgue with someone that would degrade u and islamic scholars r not like that they would not do that as they have fear in god btw if u dnt mind me asking what do u follow another thing nything u wana knw about islam go look at dr zakir naik he will degrade u
Original post by lucaf

This is almost always the case when Islamic scholars or Imams try to reconcile science and Islam. They even throw translation gymnastics out the window and simply lie in cases when they can't defend the Quranic verses.

As can be seen here. And before someone cries context, the exact context of this verse is about the story of Dhul-Qarnayn's journey, he ended up witnessing the sun setting in a muddy spring, literally setting in a muddy spring. The words used to describe 'setting' and 'muddy spring' are recurring in the Quran with the exact same meaning of the word, hence the split by scholars, meaning either this verse is wrong and not a literary miracle or the rest of the Quran is.
soory to say but what u have said is totally wrong keith moore did not do that mate hes a scientist why u gona rgue with someone that would degrade u and islamic scholars r not like that they would not do that as they have fear in god btw if u dnt mind me asking what do u follow another thing nything u wana knw about islam go look at dr zakir naik he will degrade u

Quranic embryology is hopelessly wrong and Keith Moore said there was nothing miraculous about it when King Abdulazziz university stopped paying him :lol:
Reply 69

He probably did it because he was in the employ of the King of Saudi Arabia; plenty of other scientists have called him out on it. The Qurans description only sounds anything like the actual process of embryology when interpreted and translated in a convoluted way that would only be done in hindsight while already knowing the process of embryology, and even then it is not particularly accurate.
Original post by Hibzish
I saw this on another forum and thought I would share it

"Land" appears 13 times in the Qur'an
"Sea" appears 32 times.. 32+13=45!

13/45 = 28.89%
32/45 = 71.11%

The exact % of Land & Sea on Earth!

SubhanAllah share the miracles you know

Stupid troll, you've made me very angry
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Quranic embryology is hopelessly wrong and Keith Moore said there was nothing miraculous about it when King Abdulazziz university stopped paying him :lol:

listen u dnt try it u always talk no9ncsence and lyk causing fights amongst people cuz clearly ur wrong proove it about that
I have some personal miracles actually, as a result of doing salaat/daily prayers and glorifying God
listen u dnt try it u always talk no9ncsence and lyk causing fights amongst people cuz clearly ur wrong proove it about that

No, you're wrong and talking nonsense. In his latest edition of "Developing Human" out around 8 years ago he said Quranic embryology was erroneous.

The Quran contains no miracles, scientific, numerical or otherwise.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No, you're wrong and talking nonsense. In his latest edition of "Developing Human" out around 8 years ago he said Quranic embryology was erroneous.

The Quran contains no miracles, scientific, numerical or otherwise.

if u tend to disagree in this go and check all the other ones ive listed above
honey5497

I have, still don't see any. And besides, all it takes is one error to prove the Quran isn't authored by an all-knowing God.
Reply 76

So people disprove two of your miracles and your defence is to tell them to go back to the list that you copy and pasted? Classy.
You have to be a bit of a retard to claim that those ratios correspond to the surface of land and water on the Earth's surface

It changes with the sea level, which changes with climate :dunce:
dont cry about it mate
Original post by lucaf
So people disprove two of your miracles and your defence is to tell them to go back to the list that you copy and pasted? Classy.

thats not the case thats not true the reason why im saying thers no point of wasting my time tlking to people who dont bother openly tke thibngs and always think of ways to tackle back u lot will never understand as u never understand with an open mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending