The Student Room Group

Gamer boyfriends?

So I'd consider myself a pretty addicted gamer, to a point where I spend most if not all my free time playing games as i've got nothing else to do. I dont think im an introvert, socialy awkward, shy e.c.t but i've legitimately got nothing else to do
:frown: I've never had a relationship before so I was wondering how you lot feel about guys who play alot of games, not just casualy but spend ALOT of time playing them?

If you've had any relationships with gamers, how did it turn out?

Side note here, I'm not trying to sound creepy or intrusive. As i've never had a relationship im just curious ^_^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My boyfriend is a big gamer too and its never been a problem in our relationship as I am a gamer too and we often play games together. When we were both playing single player games, we play them for a few hours during the day and then set a time at night to do something else together so then that way we still get our own time but still get to do stuff together. Before my boyfriend met me, he rarely left the house and stayed in and played WoW all day long, never had a gf before etc and it never put me off him or anything. Some girls wont mind you being an avid gamer and others will be put off by it, all depends on the girl but I am sure most girls will be fine with you playing games a lot as long as you still make time to do stuff with her.
(edited 8 years ago)
Would you play games less often if you had a girlfriend?
Original post by Spock's Socks
My boyfriend is a big gamer too and its never been a problem in our relationship as I am a gamer too and we often play games together. When we were both playing single player games, we play them for a few hours during the day and then set a time at night to do something else together so then that way we still get our own time but still get to do stuff together. Before my boyfriend met me, he rarely left the house and stayed in and played WoW all day long, never had a gf before etc and it never put me off him or anything. Some girls wont mind you being an avid gamer and others will be put off by it, all depends on the girl but I am sure most girls will be fine with you playing games a lot as long as you still make time to do stuff with her.

Same here, only we now spend our days off not leaving the house, playing WoW together. :giggle:
Following this thread because I have a crush on this gamer guy too.
So any tips would be appreciated xD
I'm a gamer :smile: though not as hardcore as my gaming-PC-owning brother. I admit I play games meant for kids :redface:
Original post by Freudian Slip
Same here, only we now spend our days off not leaving the house, playing WoW together. :giggle:
With WoD you don't leave your garrisons either!
Original post by Anonymous

He's just a guy, same as everyone else. We're not some strange breed y'know.

Taking in interest in gaming wouldn't hurt. Not exactly on the same level as comparing each others rigs, but me and my girlfriend have been playing Battleblock Theatre together a hell of a lot recently. And I've been helping her out when she gets stuck on Assassins Creed (because I'm balla at that game whereas she falls off every damn building going).
Reply 8
Gotta find a gamer girlfriend dude :wink:

Evenings spent with my gf are usually Playstation and Dominos (pizza). Perrrrfect.
Original post by alexion
gotta find a gamer girlfriend dude :wink:

evenings spent with my gf are usually playstation and dominos (pizza). Perrrrfect.

DIES IN PIZZA. My DREAM.
Original post by Alexion
Gotta find a gamer girlfriend dude :wink:

Evenings spent with my gf are usually Playstation and Dominos (pizza). Perrrrfect.

A bang would be the perrfect ending :smile:
Original post by BookBird
DIES IN PIZZA. My DREAM.

:rofl: I still sometimes believe it is a dream and I'm actually alone... 'tis too good...

Original post by TSR Mustafa
A bang would be the perrfect ending :smile:

Pfft, ain't got there yet. Don't see that coming for a while... I'm happy to settle for half an hours' making out instead :wink:
Original post by Alexion
:rofl: I still sometimes believe it is a dream and I'm actually alone... 'tis too good...

Pfft, ain't got there yet. Don't see that coming for a while... I'm happy to settle for half an hours' making out instead :wink:

I was talking about fireworks ^^

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
Who are you? :redface:
I was talking about fireworks ^^

Oh, I thought you meant shooting her with my gun. Oops.
Original post by Alexion
Oh, I thought you meant shooting her with my gun. Oops.

Put your gun away , you said it's not time for that stage yet. But remember once the time comes you better unleash the force on her , all of the force.
Put your gun away , you said it's not time for that stage yet. But remember once the time comes you better unleash the force on her , all of the force.

Damn. I will hone my skills in the force, master... :adore:
Original post by Alexion
Damn. I will hone my skills in the force, master... :adore:

Hone those skills in the bathroom , practice your accuracy and when the time comes CONQUER the battlefield. Now go Jedi , your path to enlightenment has begun.
Hone those skills in the bathroom , practice your accuracy and when the time comes CONQUER the battlefield. Now go Jedi , your path to enlightenment has begun.

(I feel sorry for the OP having this on his thread :lol:)
So I'd consider myself a pretty addicted gamer, to a point where I spend most if not all my free time playing games as i've got nothing else to do. I dont think im an introvert, socialy awkward, shy e.c.t but i've legitimately got nothing else to do
:frown: I've never had a relationship before so I was wondering how you lot feel about guys who play alot of games, not just casualy but spend ALOT of time playing them?

If you've had any relationships with gamers, how did it turn out?

Side note here, I'm not trying to sound creepy or intrusive. As i've never had a relationship im just curious ^_^

I'd love it! It's fun playing video games on your own but having a opportunity to play all kinds of games cooperatively and competitively with someone else close to you would be amazing. I like to spend A LOT of time (within reason of course) playing certain games on my own in my spare time as well so I would totally respect a partner who would want the same. :smile:

Then again I've never been in a relationship either, so I guess I'm not really a reliable subject for your questions ahah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending