The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone! I had my assessment last Saturday 5th of December and got offered a place on the programme today. Absolutely delighted! Best of luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Tashabarry
Hey everyone! I had my assessment last Saturday 5th of December and got offered a place on the programme today. Absolutely delighted! Best of luck to everyone :smile:

Hey! I was at the same assessment and have been offered a place too! Congrats :smile:

For anyone who has yet to do their assessment - I would really just echo what other people have said in this thread. The day is actually really enjoyable and so well organised. Just be yourself, they're not trying to catch you out :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Thea91
Hey! I was at the same assessment and have been offered a place too! Congrats :smile:

For anyone who has yet to do their assessment - I would really just echo what other people have said in this thread. The day is actually really enjoyable and so well organised. Just be yourself, they're not trying to catch you out :smile:

This is so exciting! Congrats, hope you guys had a good time celebrating yesterday/this weekend. :smile:

Where are you guys hoping to be based??
Reply 63
Original post by 93cm
This is so exciting! Congrats, hope you guys had a good time celebrating yesterday/this weekend. :smile:

Where are you guys hoping to be based??

Thanks! Congrats to you too :smile: I'm hoping for London or SE but guess they will be very popular. You?
Original post by Thea91
Thanks! Congrats to you too :smile: I'm hoping for London or SE but guess they will be very popular. You?

Well done you guys! Thank you, I'm so happy! Celebrating tonight! I'm hoping for London or SE also. I just moved back to the U.K. In July and based in London so really hoping I don't have to move again!
Reply 65
I heard back last Tuesday, and was offered a place... Hope you've heard back now!
Reply 66
Original post by KMead101
I heard back last Tuesday, and was offered a place... Hope you've heard back now!

Congrats!!
Reply 67
My assessment was on the 10th, and I had a phone call to say I'd been successful 6 days later! The assessment is basically 6 different 20 minute activities.
Hi everyone. Congrats to all offered a place so far! I had my assessment in Birmingham on Fri 18th Dec, and I've been offered a conditional place. So so excited! Although I'm worried because I have a holiday booked next August and I really hope this doesn't affect my offer! Ive been advised to discuss it in the new year. Is anyone in a similar situation? Becky
Reply 69
Hi everyone, congratulations to all of you who have been offered places! I'm a little concerned as my assessment centre isn;t til the end of January and that seems quite late...do you think all the places will have gone?
They said they are doing assessments until February so I highly doubt all the places will be gone!! I don't think they're doing many assessments either so don't worry there will be plenty of places. Best of luck! It's a really fun day so try not to let the nerves take over!
Reply 71
Original post by Becky1989
They said they are doing assessments until February so I highly doubt all the places will be gone!! I don't think they're doing many assessments either so don't worry there will be plenty of places. Best of luck! It's a really fun day so try not to let the nerves take over!

Thank you, I won't lose hope just yet then! Haha. Hopefully I'll meet you on the course next year!
Original post by ca90
Thank you, I won't lose hope just yet then! Haha. Hopefully I'll meet you on the course next year!

Sure hope so :-) best of luck, just be yourself xx
Reply 73
Good Luck everyone, who's awaiting for decisions.
I sent my application 1st December been checking my emails daily awaiting a response.... it seems like its taking forever......
Hi I'm attending soon! How did you find it it - any particular questions/tasks that were difficult? Would appreciate any help!
Hi Aisha, we were asked not to talk about the tasks because it would give people who knew about them ahead of time an unfair advantage. But don't worry, they don't expect any prior knowledge and they're not trying to trip you up or catch you out - they want to see the best of you and what you can do. At the end of day, they just want to know if you're suitable so just be yourself. It's very interesting and ridiculously well-organised! I had my assessment on the 18th and was offered a place on the 22nd. Good luck to you!
Original post by Mophead_88
Hi Aisha, we were asked not to talk about the tasks because it would give people who knew about them ahead of time an unfair advantage. But don't worry, they don't expect any prior knowledge and they're not trying to trip you up or catch you out - they want to see the best of you and what you can do. At the end of day, they just want to know if you're suitable so just be yourself. It's very interesting and ridiculously well-organised! I had my assessment on the 18th and was offered a place on the 22nd. Good luck to you!

Hi Mophead. You must have been at my assessment, in Birmingham? Congrats! I wonder how many others from our assessment got offered a place? Becky
Reply 77
Can I ask what the dress code was please? I don't seem to have been given any information in my email confirmation. Were people in suits or were they just dressed smartly?
Professional dress generally. I don't think you have to be in a suit some people were but most were just dressed fairly smartly, like you would have to for a general office job.
Original post by ca90
Can I ask what the dress code was please? I don't seem to have been given any information in my email confirmation. Were people in suits or were they just dressed smartly?

I just looked back at my confirmation email and it says "please dress professionally". People were dressed very smartly at my assessment, a lot of people were in full suits, I just wore smart trousers and a blouse with a cardigan

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending