The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
congratulations to all who have been offered places! im currently at uni and would love to do the think ahead programme once i graduate. i was just wondering whereabouts the actual programme is located for the 2 years. i live in Birmingham and wanted know where the nearest locations are for Think Ahead.
Original post by Torah3
Good Luck everyone, who's awaiting for decisions.
I sent my application 1st December been checking my emails daily awaiting a response.... it seems like its taking forever......

Hi Torah3, I applied a week later than you on 8th December and also haven't heard back yet. It must be a busy time for them due to the deadline being so close to when we submitted, so perhaps they had a big influx of applications. Let me know when you hear back from them!
Reply 82
Original post by jarmstrong3
Hi Torah3, I applied a week later than you on 8th December and also haven't heard back yet. It must be a busy time for them due to the deadline being so close to when we submitted, so perhaps they had a big influx of applications. Let me know when you hear back from them!

Hey, I got an email on friday inviting me to do the situational test so now l've got wait 3 weeks to see if i get to the interview stage...
So yeah Im guessing youll hear back by next friday :-)
They must of had thousands of applicants its a great opportunity! Let me know how you get on, maybe we'll be at the same meeting day
Reply 83
I haven't actually had my assessment centre yet, but I know that if you get a place there is a residential 6 week course that candidates go on in July. I was just wondering if anyone who has already been offered a place has any more information about what this is/where it will be located etc? Thank you.
Original post by ca90
I haven't actually had my assessment centre yet, but I know that if you get a place there is a residential 6 week course that candidates go on in July. I was just wondering if anyone who has already been offered a place has any more information about what this is/where it will be located etc? Thank you.

Hi, I haven't had any definitive information yet, but I believe it starts mid June and is in Leeds?
Reply 85
Original post by Becky1989
Hi, I haven't had any definitive information yet, but I believe it starts mid June and is in Leeds?

Ah ok, thank you! I don't really know why I am thinking this far ahead when I haven't actually got a place yet haha.
Original post by ca90
Ah ok, thank you! I don't really know why I am thinking this far ahead when I haven't actually got a place yet haha.

It's going to take place in Devonshire hall in Leeds which is part of the university in Leeds. They announced this on their website back in August/September I think. As to the exact dates we haven't gotten that info yet. Best of luck with your assessment!
Original post by Tashabarry
It's going to take place in Devonshire hall in Leeds which is part of the university in Leeds. They announced this on their website back in August/September I think. As to the exact dates we haven't gotten that info yet. Best of luck with your assessment!

Sorry I meant mid July, not June :-). Ive been in contact with them regarding the dates as I have a holiday booked in August so I've been contacting them about that, and they told me it starts 18th Jul :-)
hey, did any of you apply without uploading a video? Just enquiring for possible application for next year's cohort
Reply 89
Hi Moment 4 Life, I didn't upload a video and just completed the Assessment Centre in Birmingham. Waiting to hear the outcome now 😁
Original post by KZR-07
Hi Moment 4 Life, I didn't upload a video and just completed the Assessment Centre in Birmingham. Waiting to hear the outcome now 😁

thanks for that. i just wanted to know, as if i do apply for it, i doubt i would do a video
Reply 91
I was at the Birmingham AC last Friday too - still waiting to hear!! The suspense is killing me!!!
Reply 92
[QUOTE=Moment 4 Life;62935685]thanks for that. i just wanted to know, as if i do apply for it, i doubt i would do a video

You're welcome. Good luck in your application for next year 😊
Reply 93
Original post by CMB_16
I was at the Birmingham AC last Friday too - still waiting to hear!! The suspense is killing me!!!

Hi CMB_16 😊 I know what you mean! Was a great day though. Good luck X
Reply 94
I didnt upload a video & following an AC at the beginning of Feb i have been accepted onto the programme. I think next year demand will increase so a video might be worth considering.
For those waiting for an outcome i had to wait 8 days. Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by rg81
I didnt upload a video & following an AC at the beginning of Feb i have been accepted onto the programme. I think next year demand will increase so a video might be worth considering.
For those waiting for an outcome i had to wait 8 days. Good luck!

Hi rg81,

I totally agree with you, Congratulations! I too have been accepted on to the course, found out yesterday 😊 Very excited now! X
Reply 96
Congratulations, just need to find out my location now.
Reply 97
Hi all! Congratulations to those that have been made offers - I also found out this week that I got an offer from the last AC day in London - was anyone else from TSR about?

Looking forward to hopefully meeting everyone on the programme :smile:
Hi Lissbean, did you actually get placed somewhere? I was accepted onto the programme but have now been told all the places have been allocated and unless someone drops out I will have to wait until next year. The whole process seems like they've been avoiding giving out information, have you found this, or is it just me?
Oh no Katie2006 I'm sorry to hear that. What a roller coaster of emotions you must be going through. Where were you hoping to be based?

Latest

Trending

Trending