The Student Room Group

Type of friends

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Swanbow
I have friends who I almost exclusively talk to about either politics or history. But we do tend to drink in a pub when discussing that, although I'm always up for a trip to the Imperial War Museum.

I like that! so you´re from the UK? I like when people enjoy doing academic stuff.. :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by LeyK
Nope. But my high school is a college (by name)
and it was un private :smile:

fair enough! so where ru from?
Reply 22
Original post by FrankES
fair enough! so where ru from?

South Africa :smile:
I wouldn't mind at all
Reply 24
Original post by LeyK
South Africa :smile:

wow! pretty far away from here...
Original post by FrankES
I like that! so you´re from the UK? I like when people enjoy doing academic stuff.. :smile:

Aye, it is good having friends who can have more stimulating conversations with :lol: Yeah live here in the UK.
Reply 26
Original post by Swanbow
Aye, it is good having friends who can have more stimulating conversations with :lol: Yeah live here in the UK.

Fair enough! where did u study at?
Original post by SophieSmall
I'd say my uni course friends are pretty much academic only friends, all we ever talk about is uni and I don't see them outside of uni. This isn't by choice so much as me just being a social moron and awkward as ****.

I wana meet
Original post by trustmeimlying1
I wana meet

k.
k.

why the coldness....
why the coldness....

I assumed you were taking the piss.
I assumed you were taking the piss.

well half yeah half no

we used to be buds way back

be cool to meet
Of all the qualities I look for in a friend, being 'academic' is near the bottom of the list.

I mean, who would meet someone, hit it off and then, when the person asks about meeting up again sometime, go, "Sorry, I only accept friends with degree-level qualifications or above"? :laugh:
well half yeah half no

we used to be buds way back

be cool to meet

Ehhhh, but I'm a recluse.
Original post by acupofgreentea
Of all the qualities I look for in a friend, being 'academic' is near the bottom of the list.

I mean, who would meet someone, hit it off and then, when the person asks about meeting up again sometime, go, "Sorry, I only accept friends with degree-level qualifications or above"? :laugh:

Well of course no one would do that :laugh:

But I wish I had more academically minded friends, and more specifically "maths minded" friends, I'd probably be more driven to learn more advanced things and I'd be a lot better at it than I currently am :closedeyes:
I'd say my uni course friends are pretty much academic only friends, all we ever talk about is uni and I don't see them outside of uni. This isn't by choice so much as me just being a social moron and awkward as ****.

:five:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:five:

lol situation also just got worse, looks like I might not have anyone to live with next year. And there is no way in fiery hell I am going back to halls.
lol situation also just got worse, looks like I might not have anyone to live with next year. And there is no way in fiery hell I am going back to halls.

Commute from home?

What about your boyfriend?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Commute from home?

What about your boyfriend?

I don't see living at home as an option for...personal reasons.

He'll be moving back home.
Reply 39
Original post by DylanJ42
Well of course no one would do that :laugh:

But I wish I had more academically minded friends, and more specifically "maths minded" friends, I'd probably be more driven to learn more advanced things and I'd be a lot better at it than I currently am :closedeyes:

That´s understandable, Dylan! I do agree with you... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest