The Student Room Group

Geology - GIS Help

Hi guys.

I'm studying BSc Geology at Cardiff Uni, currently in second year, and need a bit of help with a GIS assignment.

The instructions we received were "Think of a question; answer it!" and this is worth 75% of the module, so will likely determine whether we get into final year or not. I find GIS difficult to work with and would greatly appreciate any advice on what my 'question' could be or what it should concern.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Original post by Dayle234
Hi guys.

I'm studying BSc Geology at Cardiff Uni, currently in second year, and need a bit of help with a GIS assignment.

The instructions we received were "Think of a question; answer it!" and this is worth 75% of the module, so will likely determine whether we get into final year or not. I find GIS difficult to work with and would greatly appreciate any advice on what my 'question' could be or what it should concern.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Dayle234,

Apologies it has taken me 6 days to respond. I hope it's not too late. Your assignment seems very vague, it would be wise to contact the individual who set the coursework and ask them to clarify. It almost seems like a riddle, hence why nobody here is able to help!
Reply 2
That's harsh. GIS is useless without a question. I'm afraid I'm not a geologist but if you need any help working with GIS let me know. I'm a professional consultant. Are you expected to use remotely sensed data, do you have access to data or are you expected to source your own?
Original post by daveGIS
That's harsh. GIS is useless without a question. I'm afraid I'm not a geologist but if you need any help working with GIS let me know. I'm a professional consultant. Are you expected to use remotely sensed data, do you have access to data or are you expected to source your own?

ArcGIS user?
Reply 4
Yes but just about everything else too!

Original post by MountKimbie
ArcGIS user?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending