The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge Postgraduate Offer Holders Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ggggg123
SAME. I still can't even believe it's real!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/postgraduates2016/

The Facebook group if you are interested in joining! :biggrin:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by TunaTunnel
Secondary physics.

I put Trinity/Johns as my choices but I'm waiting to hear (and unlikely to get them, more likely to be put into Homerton.)

What about you guys?

Waiting on St. John's/Christ's :smile: Cool, I hear they have quite hefty grants for that too!

Original post by ggggg123
Less than a week!! I got my offer on UK Tuesday morning last week, and saw I'd been accepted into Queens UK Monday morning this week.Everyone: what sort of accom are you going to go for? College or private? I'm thinking I'll go for Owlstone Croft, the postgrad hostel that Queens' has!

Ooh nice and speedy - sounds good!

Ideally, college accommodation - it's quite subsidised at St. John's! I'm going to be going as part of a couple, and they have lots of couples units. There is one flat that looks out onto Jesus Green that's really nice... Getting ahead of myself here!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by omgwhat
I just made one! This is the address: https://www.facebook.com/groups/postgraduates2016/

I think that in order to keep it strictly offer holders, we should require a screencap of an individuals offer to ensure the security of the people in the group. Or maybe the confirmation of their TSR name? We don't want random creeps on there! xD

Reply 23
Asked to join the group too (Tomas N.)

Got an offer for MPhil Theoretical and Applied Linguistics on Friday
I've got an offer for PhD in Genetics!

Any idea how long it takes before we know about our college memberships?
Reply 25
Original post by pallavipanda

It's been a week since my offer and I still haven't heard. Some people on the main thread have said it could take a few weeks! :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by pallavipanda

It only took about about two days for me, but I think that's mainly because I'm currently an UG here so they already know me (and have invested in me a fair bit).
I have just been placed into King's! One day after I received the offer!! Super super excited!!! Will join the group when I get back as I am currently on the land of no facebook =P
The BoGS update yesterday put my mind to rest completely :h:

Can't believe this is actually happening :woo:
Reply 29
Original post by Indeterminate
The BoGS update yesterday put my mind to rest completely :h:

Can't believe this is actually happening :woo:

Me neither, it's so strange. o_o I have to pinch myself every other day!
Original post by claire1010
I have just been placed into King's! One day after I received the offer!! Super super excited!!! Will join the group when I get back as I am currently on the land of no facebook =P

"The land of no Facebook" :lol:

But congratulations! :party: King's is certainly a very reputable college :yep:

Original post by omgwhat
Me neither, it's so strange. o_o I have to pinch myself every other day!

I don't blame you :laugh:

Now I'm just waiting for official confirmation, and to know what college I'll be in :biggrin:

Omg this is so exciting :woo:
Reply 31
I got my offer today for a funded PhD in Biosciences :]

So where do postgrads tend to live? I come from a uni where only 1st years live on campus, and I'm settled in a flat with my partner currently.
Original post by Allegri
I got my offer today for a funded PhD in Biosciences :]

So where do postgrads tend to live? I come from a uni where only 1st years live on campus, and I'm settled in a flat with my partner currently.

Depends entirely on the college. At Jesus (where I'll be going), the majority of flats are nearby on the streets around campus.
Hey, has anyone here received an offer for the MPhil in Asian and Middle Eastern Studies (Chinese Studies)? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm glad this thread has been bumped! With offers now starting to come in on a large scale, I'd expect most of the discussion to take place on here! :biggrin:
Reply 35
Woop, I may be joining you guys/girls. Just awaiting college selection.
Got my offer 12 days ago, for a CPGS in Law, and was accepted at Corpus Christi yesterday. I chose a little bit in a rush (I discovered about the deadline on December 1st ...), but I am glad to see this is a small college, which seems to be very friendly. Anyone else there?

Hope to see you in October.
Hi youplaboum,

Was Corpus Christi your first choice? mine was unsuccessful 😂. I applied for MPhil Economics and probably now waiting for my second choice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by YouplaBoum
Got my offer 12 days ago, for a CPGS in Law, and was accepted at Corpus Christi yesterday. I chose a little bit in a rush (I discovered about the deadline on December 1st ...), but I am glad to see this is a small college, which seems to be very friendly. Anyone else there?

Hope to see you in October.

Congrats! Corpus grad accommodation is great, especially for Law since that's at the Sidgwick site.
Reply 39
I got Robinson (open application) - anyone know what that's supposed to be like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending