The Student Room Group

ive lied about being sexually abused

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluemadhatter
"you're a good person for admitting it."

Yeah, he/she has done the right thing. Why should the OP be further criticized for admitting something that they now know is wrong?
~
And why do you continue to assume the OP is female? Males get sexually abused too.
Did I miss something?
(edited 8 years ago)
This will only get worse. I knew someone who claimed they were abused, though never sought support or legal action. When things got bad between us, they also accused me of such acts against them.

Please go to your doctor and seek help. These lies ruin lives. They almost cost me mine.
Do the right thing and turn yourself in.
Original post by Jebedee
Do the right thing and turn yourself in.

??? Lying to people isn't necessarily a crime and op hasn't gone to the police or actually harmed anyone

Op It sounds as if you need to speak to counsellor or therapist to see why you are doing this and how you can get past it.
Original post by Blondie987
??? Lying to people isn't necessarily a crime and op hasn't gone to the police or actually harmed anyone

Op It sounds as if you need to speak to counsellor or therapist to see why you are doing this and how you can get past it.

im not in a position where i can see a counsellor
Original post by Anonymous
im not in a position where i can see a counsellor

Any reason why?
Original post by Blondie987
Any reason why?

ive been in belgium for the pasy year and a half, i just about have a doctor here let alone a therapist
I think people here are being a bit harsh. Obviously what you did wasn't good but you've expressed remorse and nothing bad has come of it. We all do stupid, attention-seeking things when we're young. I'm assuming you're under the age of 25, in which case your brain is still developing and you're naturally more prone to impulsive, unexplainable behaviour than you will be when you're older.

Just make sure the people you've told aren't under any stress because of this. Perhaps you could muster the courage to come clean to them? I'll understand if you'd find that too uncomfortable.

Did you name a real, living person as the abuser?
ive been in belgium for the pasy year and a half, i just about have a doctor here let alone a therapist

At least tell your doctor what you're going through so they can advise you what to do.
Original post by Kalail
Lying about something as serious as that is one of the signs of a psycho/sociopath. Get help before it is too late

OP, ignore this armchair diagnosis. It's highly doubtful you're a psycho/sociopath. You did a silly thing, something most people do when they're young. You're clearly sorry and you deserve to move on in your life.
Original post by raaachek
I think people here are being a bit harsh. Obviously what you did wasn't good but you've expressed remorse and nothing bad has come of it. We all do stupid, attention-seeking things when we're young. I'm assuming you're under the age of 25, in which case your brain is still developing and you're naturally more prone to impulsive, unexplainable behaviour than you will be when you're older.

Just make sure the people you've told aren't under any stress because of this. Perhaps you could muster the courage to come clean to them? I'll understand if you'd find that too uncomfortable.

Did you name a real, living person as the abuser?

noo i wouldnt want to get anyone involved, i said it was by someone i didnt know.

tbh the few people i told didnt urge me to go to the police or anything. it didnt stress them out
noo i wouldnt want to get anyone involved, i said it was by someone i didnt know.

tbh the few people i told didnt urge me to go to the police or anything. it didnt stress them out

In that case, allow yourself to move on :smile: Don't worry about what people are saying in this thread. They're being neurotic and completely overreacting.
Maybe this behaviour stems from low self-esteem? Do you view yourself as uninteresting? If you think this might be true, do know that confidence usually grows with age. What are your hobbies? Perhaps join a relevant club? You'd meet like-minded people there and learn that you are an interesting person to people who share your personality traits.
Original post by Kalail
Lying about something as serious as that is one of the signs of a psycho/sociopath. Get help before it is too late

Whats wrong with being a pshcho or sociopath?
Original post by raaachek
Maybe this behaviour stems from low self-esteem? Do you view yourself as uninteresting? If you think this might be true, do know that confidence usually grows with age. What are your hobbies? Perhaps join a relevant club? You'd meet like-minded people there and learn that you are an interesting person to people who share your personality traits.

im 18 years old. Things that could have triggered this behaviour; mum and dad split up, rejected shown no affection from mum after that, been bullied in primary school, in high school being given a reputation as a slag when i wasnt (i liked the attention at first but now i hate it), i used to self harm. Never been able to have a proper boyfriend due to my traditional Christian family values
Original post by greatguy54
Whats wrong with being a pshcho or sociopath?

get ready to be banned GG54
I can't believe people are supporting the OP. People like you are the reason real victims don't report abuse. You deserve to be locked up as your actions can completely destroy someone's life.
im 18 years old. Things that could have triggered this behaviour; mum and dad split up, rejected shown no affection from mum after that, been bullied in primary school, in high school being given a reputation as a slag when i wasnt (i liked the attention at first but now i hate it), i used to self harm. Never been able to have a proper boyfriend due to my traditional Christian family values

Those could well be reasons. It sounds like you've had a tough time of it. I hate the word 'slag'. It's thrown around so much, especially in schools. I assume you're either still in school or a recent leaver, so you're probably inexperienced in the vast ocean that is adulthood. Know this: adult life is nothing like school life. Kids can be very cruel and while bullying does still happen in adulthood, it's much less ubiquitous. People are generally more respectful and empathetic. Those kids that called you a slag will likely look back and regret tormenting you like that. What you do with your own body is nobody's business but your own.

I think you need to mix with more civilised people and learn your self-worth :smile:
Original post by Zargabaath
TSR should have a confessions section

Pretty sure the Vatican has a website for that. :tongue:
I can't believe people are supporting the OP. People like you are the reason real victims don't report abuse. You deserve to be locked up as your actions can completely destroy someone's life.

Locked up for what?

He/she didn';t break any laws as they didn't report it to the police.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending