The Student Room Group

Am I fat shaming this person?

Well I was telling an overweight woman to lose weight, and was accused of fat shaming, but in my defence it is not right nor acceptable to be overweight.

Scroll to see replies

I was telling this kid with straight E grades to study harder, and he accused me of grade shaming, but in my defence it is not right or acceptable to be so unacademic.
Reply 2
I think a more appropriate term is "being a douchebag".
Let people what they want to do. Whats your problem(?)
Did she ask for your opinion on her weight?
Original post by Blue_Mason
Well I was telling an overweight woman to lose weight, and was accused of fat shaming, but in my defence it is not right nor acceptable to be overweight.

Fat people don't count, it's all good bro.
Original post by heineken
Fat people don't count, it's all good bro.

They do count

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by EtherealNymph22
Did she ask for your opinion on her weight?

No
Reply 8
Original post by samina_ay
Let people what they want to do. Whats your problem(?)

I believe that people should be advised for their own good, as it is not sexy nor natural to be overweight.
Mind your own damn business.
Original post by simbasdragon
Mind your own damn business.

It is important to encourage people to lse weight, and no.
I believe that people should be advised for their own good, as it is not sexy nor natural to be overweight.

You appear to be under the impression that people HAVE to look sexy for your benefit!
Spoiler:
They don't. Not in the slightest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even then unsolicited comments about how to 'improve' your body are unacceptable.
Suppose it is our business as we have to live on the same planet as them while they ruin the NHS.
Fat people realise they're fat you know, don't need to tell them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HappyLifting
Suppose it is our business as we have to live on the same planet as them while they ruin the NHS.

What the heck that's like complaining about sick people ruining the NHS. Some overweight people are like that due to real medical problems they're probably very self conscious about but denying them treatment for their medical problem based on appearance is nonsense!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MezzaTheMez
What the heck that's like complaining about sick people ruining the NHS. Some overweight people are like that due to real medical problems they're probably very self conscious about but denying them treatment for their medical problem based on appearance is nonsense!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose fat people are sick yeah. But no its not the same as someone with cancer. Oh i see playing the old 'their illness causes them to be fat'..... get serious this is very rare.
Original post by MezzaTheMez
You appear to be under the impression that people HAVE to look sexy for your benefit!
Spoiler:
They don't. Not in the slightest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is not about looking sexy, as I rarely find the women on the streets that I would consider to be sexy.
Point is there is no reason to be fat,as being fat is a borderline mental illness.
It is not about looking sexy, as I rarely find the women on the streets that I would consider to be sexy.
Point is there is no reason to be fat,as being fat is a borderline mental illness.

Yes well done sometimes being overweight is caused by mental illness something people can't help.
And sometimes people are how they are because of what you may consider 'poor life choices' but that doesn't give you the right to be rude to them and I don't understand why you would think that. Perhaps they are happy how they are or perhaps they are deeply insecure, either way it's nothing to do with you and you should learn to mind your own business :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by HappyLifting

I wonder, would you say the same for people who have addictions because of the same mental illness that causes addiction to food? See: heroin addicts should not be allowed to use the NHS because it's their fault. Or people who have accidentally injured themselves from falling off ladders or crashing their cars ought not to bother using the NHS because honestly, they only have themselves to blame.

No

She didn't ask for your opinion so why give it? You wouldn't like it if people kept commenting on something about yourself that you were self-conscious about would you? "Hey you have a big nose you should get plastic surgery", "hey you smoke you should quit because you're killing yourself and everyone" Did you not consider that she might have already been aware of her weight issues? You only have to step outside or turn on the TV to see that being "thin and sexy" is shoved down our throats every second. Here is a novel thought for you OP: if you have nothing nice to say don't say it, better still, don't give your opinion where it is not required.

Quick Reply

Latest