The Student Room Group

Cardiff vs Swansea uni for engineering

Which uni is better for engineering between Cardiff and Swansea? Personally I have been to Swansea uni twice and have been completely sold by their new bay campus which has world class facilities. I have visited the engineering department in Cardiff as well but didn't feel they measured up to Swansea. However, rankings say otherwise. It would be much appreciated if others could weigh in their opinions as this is a tough call for me to make.
Which league tables are you looking at? From CUG the only engineering discipline where Cardiff is noticeably higher in the rankings (when looking at the individual scores too) is EEE, otherwise Swansea is on par or better than Cardiff.

Even if they're a bit low in the rankings now, they're going to continue flying up in the next couple of years so I wouldn't worry about it, go for Swansea.
Original post by Helloworld_95
Which league tables are you looking at? From CUG the only engineering discipline where Cardiff is noticeably higher in the rankings (when looking at the individual scores too) is EEE, otherwise Swansea is on par or better than Cardiff.

Even if they're a bit low in the rankings now, they're going to continue flying up in the next couple of years so I wouldn't worry about it, go for Swansea.

Thanks for your advice, I was thinking the same thing and apart from their facilities, I think it is a better uni overall. They seem to offer much more extracurricular activities compared to Cardiff.

Quick Reply

Latest