The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Next Ronaldo
Original post by Rk2k14
Fact is, our goal was good and yours was utter ****, which resulted from a **** player failing to make a simple pass.

Also, talking about set pieces. We had like 10 corners ffs

You had 9 or 10 in the first 20-25 minutes then **** all after that.

Oh look a pretty kick = good goal = our shite defending doesnt deserve to be punished

Costa's composure doe.

Lingards dab needs to be outlawed like the snood. Worse than ISIS tbh
It's just so annoying how when he failed to make that pass and Chelsea break he just ****ing jogs back. He's just lost the ball and he ****ing jogs back, my word this **** shouldnt play for us this season idgaf. Just look at the different attitudes compared with Martial. Martial loses the ball and then sprints off to regain possession or atleast put pressure to get the ball back. Memphis loses it and he just jogs back even though he's fresh and only been on the field for 5/6 minutes!I still have faith in Memphis but what he did today was just downright wrong. Our league season has ended in February, this league is so unpredicatble but we arent going to catch City or Arsenal so thats top 4 done.Also, it's ****ing annoying how Carrick and Lingard or whoever just talks a big game such as still being in the title race. We're not ****ing idiots and allow talk, show it on the ****ing football pitch ffs. And van Gaal has never won 3 consecutive games ina row this season so there was never ever any chance we would even put a run together to get top 4 let alone the title.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
You had 9 or 10 in the first 20-25 minutes then **** all after that.

Oh look a pretty kick = good goal = our shite defending doesnt deserve to be punished

Costa's composure doe.

Lingards dab needs to be outlawed like the snood. Worse than ISIS tbh

I'm not even mad at the result at all....it's a fair result. This has been a problem of ours all season. We take the lead and then fail to kill off games and let the other teams come back into the game.

We still lack something in our play and LVG's style doesn't seem to work for us unfortunately. The lack of ability to finish games in general has cost us top 4 now!
Original post by Rk2k14
You're failing to see the point.
The whole chance stemmed from Memphis's mistake.
Had he had the competence to make a simpey 5 yard pass then BJ wouldn't have played Costa on side and they wouldn't have scored.

Its all saying we should have killed the game off and we should have controlled the tempo but when a player makes such a shocking mistake then them words go out the window.

I'd argue that if we had effectively managed the game well at the end, Memphis' mistake would have been less damaging or wouldn't even have happened in the first place, but there we go, just going to put it down to a difference in opinion. Either way, I've said it before and I'll probably say it again this season. This team HAS to better at the whole game management thing.
Mourinho would have saw that game out.
Original post by Dirtybit

It's interesting that LVG is denying all these allegations that the club have approached Mourinho!

You would have thought though that if we did come to an agreement with Mourinho then it should be announced officially....and that LVG will indeed leave in the summer but it hasn't.....

Tricky situation.
Original post by trapking
It's interesting that LVG is denying all these allegations that the club have approached Mourinho!

You would have thought though that if we did come to an agreement with Mourinho then it should be announced officially....and that LVG will indeed leave in the summer but it hasn't.....

Tricky situation.

There is no agreement though
There is no agreement though

but even in his last conference he got asked by the media if there are talks going on with Mourinho and he said no it's all lies....

:lol:

Anyway I believe he will go in the summer but whether its Mourinho who replaces him I'm not so sure....

Mourinho would have parked the bus from the get go and it would have ended 0-0
but even in his last conference he got asked by the media if there are talks going on with Mourinho and he said no it's all lies....

:lol:

Anyway I believe he will go in the summer but whether its Mourinho who replaces him I'm not so sure....

He has to otherwise he'd be undermined.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Sure

Did it last season and we won.

Really not sure why United fans are so entitled. Horrible trait tbh

At home? No chance.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
At home? No chance.

No, away at the Bridge
Sir Alex went through similar rough patches like this too (and fans also wanted him out) but fans then were a lot more patient than they are today.

Not saying Van Gaal will do the same (he might who knows) but I just think this impatience and entitlement mentality is a bit poisonous.

True, but we'd be 8 points clear at the top regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sir Alex went through similar rough patches like this too (and fans also wanted him out) but fans then were a lot more patient than they are today.

Not saying Van Gaal will do the same (he might who knows) but I just think this impatience and entitlement mentality is a bit poisonous.

SAF had a good background and he was a young manager at the time, not someone who would leave after 1 year regardless. LVG is a established manager but as we have seen in the past he often loses the fans and the results are there for everyone to see. When SAF took over United, we were not top dogs and he didn't spend 250m on players (maybe we should adjust that figure to put it into context of that time :tongue:).

its like if we get Jose and things don't go right in the first couple of months, I would standby Jose (easier said than done) because he's a proven manager with proven ability in the Premier League and UCL, I'd definitely be more patient with Jose than I would for LVG.

Interestingly, perhaps if LVG was younger and had a longer contract maybe my stance would be different :redface:

I agree with the entitlement mentality point :smile:

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
It's just so annoying how when he failed to make that pass and Chelsea break he just ****ing jogs back. He's just lost the ball and he ****ing jogs back, my word this **** shouldnt play for us this season idgaf. Just look at the different attitudes compared with Martial. Martial loses the ball and then sprints off to regain possession or atleast put pressure to get the ball back. Memphis loses it and he just jogs back even though he's fresh and only been on the field for 5/6 minutes!I still have faith in Memphis but what he did today was just downright wrong. Our league season has ended in February, this league is so unpredicatble but we arent going to catch City or Arsenal so thats top 4 done.Also, it's ****ing annoying how Carrick and Lingard or whoever just talks a big game such as still being in the title race. We're not ****ing idiots and allow talk, show it on the ****ing football pitch ffs. And van Gaal has never won 3 consecutive games ina row this season so there was never ever any chance we would even put a run together to get top 4 let alone the title.

Depay has done the whole losing the ball then jogging back whilst the opposition go on to score thing, probably the third time he's done it this season
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
SAF had a good background and he was a young manager at the time, not someone who would leave after 1 year regardless. LVG is a established manager but as we have seen in the past he often loses the fans and the results are there for everyone to see. When SAF took over United, we were not top dogs and he didn't spend 250m on players (maybe we should adjust that figure to put it into context of that time :tongue:).

its like if we get Jose and things don't go right in the first couple of months, I would standby Jose (easier said than done) because he's a proven manager with proven ability in the Premier League and UCL, I'd definitely be more patient with Jose than I would for LVG.

Interestingly, perhaps if LVG was younger and had a longer contract maybe my stance would be different :redface:

I agree with the entitlement mentality point :smile:

True, but then you would think since we all know LVG will retire by 2017 we would be a lot more patient with him (unfortunately though this isn't the case and people want him out ASAP :lol:)

I have to give props to LVG though.....regardless of the pressure he has endured he has definitely brought in good players and nurtured talent like Martial, Cameron Jackson (who is very impressive atm), Varela, Lingard (not so good but he's okay) and Perreira (haven't seen much of him though).

He has definitely laid a solid foundation for the future so at least we can all be positive about that! And not too long ago we were actually doing pretty well under LVG even though the style then was a lot more defensive and we were top of the league. So at least there have been glimpses of positive quality with Van Gaal although December definitely killed our chances.

Jose's style is quite defensive but they do call him a Tactical genius although it doesn't always mean if a manager has won X trophies in X league then he's the right person. This is why I'm curious to see how Pep performs here with City next season let's see if he can live up to his reputation or flop.

Latest