The Student Room Group

Question for girls

Poll

Do you?

I've heard this one a bit but want a definitive answer.

Do you want a bf who is similar to your father?

Have a vote. Also does it matter if your father treated you well or not when you were little (note not being around is considered treating you badly)?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I want to call him 'daddy'
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, I want to call him 'daddy'

Really why? I wouldn't want to call my gf mummy!
Original post by zill1
I've heard this one a bit but want a definitive answer.

Do you want a bf who is similar to your father?

Have a vote. Also does it matter if your father treated you well or not when you were little (note not being around is considered treating you badly)?

I must say this is a great question! :smile:

Answer: HELL NO!

I already hate men and getting a man like my father would be the WORST thing. My father emotionally, mentally and physically abused me and I would never want a man like that ever in my life! I'd rather stay single my whole life than being with a man like my father.
Reply 4
Original post by BrokenLife

I already hate men and getting a man like my father would be the WORST thing. My father emotionally, mentally and physically abused me and I would never want a man like that ever in my life! I'd rather stay single my whole life than being with a man like my father.

Interesting and makes sense. Seems like it depends on how your father treated you.

Is that the reason why your gay? Or you always knew you wanted to be with a girl?
Original post by zill1
Interesting and makes sense. Seems like it depends on how your father treated you.

Yes it certainly does!
Original post by xobeauty
Is that the reason why your gay? Or you always knew you wanted to be with a girl?

OMG wth!? I'm straight! I don't like girls! What are you on about?:s-smilie:

I like men. Only men for me.

Hate men? Bit much is it not :L
Original post by TorpidPhil
Hate men? Bit much is it not :L

Hmm maybe but seriously I know its not good but I've been put through a lot and I'm not complaining as its only making me strong. But the fact that it was due to men in my family, I do hate and love men at the same time. Only love them sexually lol as I'm straight. But it'll take a lot more for a man to settle down with me or for me to settle down with a man than just being sexually attracted to him.
Yes it certainly does!

OMG wth!? I'm straight! I don't like girls! What are you on about?:s-smilie:

I like men. Only men for me.

I thought I've seen you post stuff abou liking girls, I think I'm confusing you for a different use. Sorry doll.
Original post by xobeauty
I thought I've seen you post stuff abou liking girls, I think I'm confusing you for a different use. Sorry doll.

Omg lol no way. I think you are certainly co fusing me with someone else. Most of my post are about me drooling for tall, dark and muscular men:tongue:

I am 100% straight heterosexual woman. :biggrin:
But it'll take a lot more for a man to settle down with me or for me to settle down with a man than just being sexually attracted to him.

How very sensible.

Omg lol no way. I think you are certainly co fusing me with someone else. Most of my post are about me drooling for tall, dark and muscular men:tongue:

I am 100% straight heterosexual woman. :biggrin:

I'm tall dark and muscular
I think it would be a bad idea to have a guy like my father considering he used to be physically abusive to my mother and they split up when I was 2...
He's never hurt me in anyway and always paid child support but he didn't really get involved in my life and upbringing in a big way otherwise
Original post by donutellme
How very sensible.

I'm tall dark and muscular

Are you being sarcastic about the 'how very sensible' part or what?:s-smilie:

And well, that's good for you.:h:
Reply 14
My dad is the best dad in the world. He is my rock ngl. I want a partner who is like my dad in terms of his character; being educated, kind and caring and would do anything for his kids. I wouldn't be with a guy who looks like my dad bc that is bloody awkward :colonhash:

I already hate men

How would you ever get a boyfriend/husband when you hate men? I feel that's quite narrow minded
Reply 16
a lot of girls do from my experience. not all, but its more common than you think

if you come across as someone who will lead a strong household, and guide his woman/kids down a good path, its an attractive personality trait. if you come across as a weakling who will bend to whatever his girl wants, its an unattractive trait
Reply 17

Hope you like cats

yup this is a good example of how a successful father figure or a bad father figure strongly shapes a womans dating preferences
Original post by C_tinie_D
How would you ever get a boyfriend/husband when you hate men? I feel that's quite narrow minded

I may not ever get one tbh.
Are you being sarcastic about the 'how very sensible' part or what?:s-smilie:

And well, that's good for you.:h:

Not sarcastic aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending