The Student Room Group
Main entrance
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Visit website

Glyndwr 2016 entrants

Hey, wondering if anyone else is applying to Glyndwr for this coming year?

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Main entrance
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Visit website
Reply 2
I have applied for Creative Writing and English, and I have gotten a conditional offer. The staff seemed very nice to me.
Hi I have applied for social work degree but still not heard anything. What have you applied for? x
Reply 4
Illustration (For children's publishing and graphic novels) and I also applied for animation c: Interview for illustration tomorrow but conditional offer for animation.
The staff do seem very nice! The local area seems lovely to. Is this anyone's first choices?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
So far it's my first choice but I will visit the Treforest campus and some other unis before I make a firm decision.
I have applied for the social work degree and haven't heard anything yet. I have been for an interview at Chester already and been offered a place but I would like to attend Glyndwr as it seemed a more friendly university at the open day and I liked the feel of it. Have you heard anything yet?
I currently attend Glyndwr and I am half way during my 1st year and I really like it here. I originally attended a bigger university but transferred as the course was not enjoyable. So far I have found most of the general staff (finance, help desk workers, canteen staff, librarians etc) to have been really nice. On my course, all the lecturers are amazing. One of the perks of attending a smaller university is when you meet a lecturer you dont feel rushed, they take their time to expalin whatever needs explaining and they are really helpful on my course (Computer Science). Great university
Blimey, there's no vowels in its name!
I'm going to visit the University to ask about applying for Social work as I picked courses and changed my mind haha! HMU anyone who is applying :smile:
I am going for an interview for the Social Work Degree on 4th March. When I went to the open day last year everyone was really friendly.
Original post by davies.amanda2
I am going for an interview for the Social Work Degree on 4th March. When I went to the open day last year everyone was really friendly.

Good luck! :smile: I have my open day on 5thmarch, hoping to get an interview as ive applied through UCAS extra!
Original post by DomiNateTricks
Good luck! :smile: I have my open day on 5thmarch, hoping to get an interview as ive applied through UCAS extra!

Hope you get a interview. I have just got home after my interview, which I feel went well, but you can never know for sure.If you get an interview let me know how you get on.
I attended my interview on the 24th and received an offer for Illustration, Graphic Novels and Children's publishing. I'll be taking the offer, looking forward to the experience.
Reply 14
Original post by vaselinevaseline
I attended my interview on the 24th and received an offer for Illustration, Graphic Novels and Children's publishing. I'll be taking the offer, looking forward to the experience.

oh! see you there c:
Original post by MaidMarian
oh! see you there c:

Do you mind if I ask where you're coming from? St. Helens myself, so about 50 minutes away from hometown. But I'm going to be living in Wrexham.
Reply 16
Original post by vaselinevaseline
Do you mind if I ask where you're coming from? St. Helens myself, so about 50 minutes away from hometown. But I'm going to be living in Wrexham.

I'll be coming from York, about 3 hour's on train normally but unfortunately my interview day had so many delays it took me 6 hours to get there (Luckily I set off early in the hopes to explore so made it on time, but still frustrating) I've applied to the halls to stay there, so fingers crossed I get in. Are you trying for halls or finding a private accommodation place?
I'll be coming from York, about 3 hour's on train normally but unfortunately my interview day had so many delays it took me 6 hours to get there (Luckily I set off early in the hopes to explore so made it on time, but still frustrating) I've applied to the halls to stay there, so fingers crossed I get in. Are you trying for halls or finding a private accommodation place?

Yes I'll be trying for halls, I did have a chance to have a little look around the town too. Seems nice, quiet.
yes, i'm going to the unversity, I got a conditional offer for computing.
Illustration (For children's publishing and graphic novels) and I also applied for animation c: Interview for illustration tomorrow but conditional offer for animation.
The staff do seem very nice! The local area seems lovely to. Is this anyone's first choices?

What course do you plan on going for? ^_^ I'm heading for the illustration course myself, hugely considering it!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending