The Student Room Group

Universities

Does anyone know if University of Portsmouth is decent for psychology or any other good universities that are good for psychology or sport psychology that are also realistic grade requirements.
It might be worth taking a look on our sister site https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/ where you can search by course and the unis that offer psychology and similar courses.
Reply 2
Thanks so much! This is very useful and will allow for me to gain more info on courses :smile:
Original post by vivkozel
Does anyone know if University of Portsmouth is decent for psychology or any other good universities that are good for psychology or sport psychology that are also realistic grade requirements.

Hi @vivkozel!

I'm currently a third year Psychology student at Lancaster University - and I would definitely say that Lancaster is a great university for psychology! We're a research-led department, meaning that the majority of our lecturers are also active researchers in their area of expertise, and so along with the required content, we get to hear about their personal research too, which is really interesting! This also means that our lecturers are really passionate about what they teach, and it makes it really interesting to listen to.

Learning psychology here at Lancaster has been an amazing experience. Our degree is BPS accredited also, which is helpful for when you graduate. We cover a range of areas, including developmental, social, cognitive, etc., throughout first and second year, alongside statistics and research methods. Then in third year, we have a dissertation, and we get to choose 5 modules from a wide variety of options. Our website has more details, which is linked for you here: Lancaster - BSc Psychology

Our entry requirements are AAB, but we also take applications on a case-by-case basis, so whilst anything isn't guaranteed, we still highly recommend applying even if you don't get those grades exactly!

I hope this is helpful!
~ Cathryn (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Original post by vivkozel

Hi Vivkozel,

Great to hear that you're wanting to study Psychology!

We have recently released a blog from the perspective of one of our Psychology students, Emma Telfer. She started with Wrexham Glyndwr University on a foundation degree and discovered that "Glyndwr do not limit you to only your qualifications" when looking at your application.

Emma "decided that I would focus my intentions on finding a university that was on the smaller side so I could easily get to know my peers and lecturers. I also decided to look for a university that I felt was inclusive, and that had a good age range of students that attend. WGU met all my expectations and even more so when I went to an open day". If you'd like more information about how she has found studying the course then make sure to check out the full blog on our website.

I also thought I would mention that the academic requirements for the course are 80-112 UCAS tariff points at GCE A-level or equivalent and a GCSE at grade C/4 or equivalent in Maths and English/Welsh (First Language). Appropriate AS-Level and Level 3 Key Skills qualifications will also be taken into account.

You can check out our psychology course page for more information on the course itself and if you have any questions about studying psychology then make sure to get in touch with us.

I hope that Emma's blog is useful for you :smile:

Best wishes,

Maddy
WrexhamUnireps

Quick Reply

Latest