Leeds

University of Leeds 2016 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

I have got no reply back yet, still waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Which course Economics and finance or pure economics?
Reply 102
Just received an offer for L100 Economics, AAA, should hopefully get the A2L offer now!
Original post by Shobz96
Just received an offer for L100 Economics, AAA, should hopefully get the A2L offer now!

Well Done!! When did you apply??
Reply 104
Original post by chloe.wilson
Well Done!! When did you apply??

Just under 3 weeks ago
Reply 105
Got an offer for Communication and Media today! ☺️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just got my offer for straight Economics at Leeds!
Congratulations!
Reply 108
Got an offer for BSc Geography :smile:
Received an offer for microbiology set at AAA. Somewhat surprised that it was that high really, though depending upon how my other applications go I will not be accepting.
hi guys there is a real good facebook group for Leeds uni

facebook.com/groups/1702800139966409/1702801749966248/
Is anyone studying Adult Nursing at Leeds? I've been offered an unconditional and starting this September!
Got an offer for Chemistry! Might make it my insurance :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by beckieluford
Is anyone studying Adult Nursing at Leeds? I've been offered an unconditional and starting this September!

I've got a conditional for mental health but from what I understand all branches share the same first year! see ya there😛
Original post by kerriieee9
I've got an offer for the exact same course!! Definitely making it my firm - the discovery modules really sold it to me.

I'm a first year on said course :tongue: The lecturers are really lovely ^.^ I'll give you guys a heads up now. You'll be set a 2,500 word essay in induction week, they're just THAT kind :wink: But yeah, you get a pretty wide range of discovery modules to choose from ^.^
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
I'm a first year on said course :tongue: The lecturers are really lovely ^.^ I'll give you guys a heads up now. You'll be set a 2,500 word essay in induction week, they're just THAT kind :wink: But yeah, you get a pretty wide range of discovery modules to choose from ^.^

Interesting, what kind of essay question would I be expected to answer in that induction week? 👀
Interesting, what kind of essay question would I be expected to answer in that induction week? 👀

You have about two months to complete it, so it's not that bad.
Our question was along the lines of 'What is globalisation, with regards to one multi-national company of your choice explain its effects'

it was a bit longer than that, but you get the gist :tongue: It was quite a nice, broad topic, and it is to introduce you to the uni's system of handing in essays, following the criteria of layout, and you're also given lectures in academic reading and referencing and stuff like that ^.^
You have about two months to complete it, so it's not that bad.
Our question was along the lines of 'What is globalisation, with regards to one multi-national company of your choice explain its effects'

it was a bit longer than that, but you get the gist :tongue: It was quite a nice, broad topic, and it is to introduce you to the uni's system of handing in essays, following the criteria of layout, and you're also given lectures in academic reading and referencing and stuff like that ^.^

Doesn't sound tooo painful! How are you finding the course itself? Are you glad you chose it?
Doesn't sound tooo painful! How are you finding the course itself? Are you glad you chose it?

I like it :smile: to be honest I am more into the marketing side, and there isn't really much of that in first year. Also if you studied A-level business you will find that first year is a lot of repetition so that everyone is on a level playing field for second year. It might be slightly different for you but our core modules this year were

Economics for management - Introduction to economics really, first semester was mainly free markets and monopolies and stuff. I have never studied economics before, and it moves quite quickly, but it's not bad.

Organisational behaviour - Still not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing in that module, seem to have a lecture once in a blue moon and loads of seminars. If you've done about motivational theorists and job design (taylor and all that stuff) you know where I'm coming from.

Personal Tutorials for IB - this is sort of a mishmash of uni skills

Principles of IB- the basics of international business and sort of like the macro economic background to stuff

Global entrepreneurship- this just started this semester and we are the first year to do it, so who knows what's going on in that :tongue:

You'll also have to pick like 20 credits of 'optional modules' from a list, then up to 20 credits of 'discovery modules' for a total of 100-120 credits :smile:
I like it :smile: to be honest I am more into the marketing side, and there isn't really much of that in first year. Also if you studied A-level business you will find that first year is a lot of repetition so that everyone is on a level playing field for second year. It might be slightly different for you but our core modules this year were

Economics for management - Introduction to economics really, first semester was mainly free markets and monopolies and stuff. I have never studied economics before, and it moves quite quickly, but it's not bad.

Organisational behaviour - Still not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing in that module, seem to have a lecture once in a blue moon and loads of seminars. If you've done about motivational theorists and job design (taylor and all that stuff) you know where I'm coming from.

Personal Tutorials for IB - this is sort of a mishmash of uni skills

Principles of IB- the basics of international business and sort of like the macro economic background to stuff

Global entrepreneurship- this just started this semester and we are the first year to do it, so who knows what's going on in that :tongue:

You'll also have to pick like 20 credits of 'optional modules' from a list, then up to 20 credits of 'discovery modules' for a total of 100-120 credits :smile:

Wow, thank you for the detailed insight!! It's helped so much having someone who does the course tell me!! I didn't study it at A Level, but i thought this course would broaden my skill set in the future in terms of fields I can enter upon completion of my degree, so thank you so much!!!

Quick Reply

Latest