good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
That is genius lol

Lol yeah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Yeah, it does but it starts off nicely because I can actually do Physics Unit 6 and C34 :tongue:

I'll be doing that one as well then. Any advice from the FP2 papers you've done?

My exams officer also said it's impossible for me to register any time after the 20th this month, so I'm gonna have to decide whether or not I should register for F1. Kinda confused. On one hand it doesn't count for the A*, but on the other if I got something like 20 UMS I wont get above an A lol

C34 is nice. Not sure about Unit 6, but sure. :tongue:

FP2... erm, I've only done 3 of them so far and I'm getting scared of running out, they all 2009-2011 seem to be roughly of the same difficulty, it's more of a keep-your-cool exam.

Of course he did, eurgh. Hmmm, you didn't do bad on the paper, not sure if it's worth a resit.
Reply 62
Original post by Zacken
C34 is nice. Not sure about Unit 6, but sure. :tongue:

FP2... erm, I've only done 3 of them so far and I'm getting scared of running out, they all 2009-2011 seem to be roughly of the same difficulty, it's more of a keep-your-cool exam.

Of course he did, eurgh. Hmmm, you didn't do bad on the paper, not sure if it's worth a resit.

You always have TeeEm's stuff to do - they're probably better practice for the recent papers anyway. Besides, doing enough STEP will make FP2 piss. It already seems like it's piss to you. Have you started vectors yet?

What UMS do you think is resit-worthy, below 85? I don't know, I just have a bad feeling lol. I'll pay the fees out of my own pocket if I have to... :tongue: I guess I'll register for S3 as well.
Reply 63
M3 January 2006
Raw mark: 69/75
Time left: 23.5 mins

Disappointed because this paper was easy marks. Using the work-energy principle during SHM was a dumb move, as was forgetting that a particle would leave a circle as a projectile :unimpressed:

I need to do much better than that, especially because I took such a long time to finish the paper.
Reply 64

Time left: 23.5 mins
because I took such a long time to finish the paper.

Fam.
Thank you Saad! What are you currently studying? When's your A2?

Sorry have been busy lately.

Gave AS - Maths (C12, S1), Chem and Physics (I wish it went better, i kinda panicked during the exam) this january.

Doing M1 currently, debating on whether to do (C34) or (F1 & M2) next, would definitely want to appear in June, and would retake any units from January, accordingly. What do you think?

I'm pretty much self studying by the way.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Fam.

Reminds me of this :rofl:

[video="youtube;7goA_DnGIbU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7goA_DnGIbU[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 67
Reminds me this :rofl:

:rofl: you are youtube goals. :adore: :rofl:
Reply 68
Original post by Zacken
Fam.

fam, look who's talking...

Reminds me of this :rofl:

[video="youtube;7goA_DnGIbU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7goA_DnGIbU[/video]

i can never rep you enough m8 :rofl:
Reply 69
I just finished Taylor series, time to move onto some polar coordinates and then FP3 vectors. Should be fun!
Reply 70
Original post by SaadKaleem
Sorry have been busy lately.

Gave AS - Maths (C12, S1), Chem and Physics (I wish it went better, i kinda panicked during the exam) this january.

Doing M1 currently, debating on whether to do (C34) or (F1 & M2) next, would definitely want to appear in June, and would retake any units from January, accordingly. What do you think?

I'm pretty much self studying by the way.

Don't worry about Physics, scaling is very lenient. You have about 15-20 marks to spare for full UMS!

Are you doing Further Maths now? I think you should do all 3, or at least just C34 and F1. Both are pretty straightforward and self-teaching shouldn't be an issue (just ask Zacken lol). You should be able to hand it fine!
Reply 71
I just finished Taylor series, time to move onto some polar coordinates and then FP3 vectors. Should be fun!

Good job! :woo: Taylor series are fun! Have you done solving DE's (approximately) using Taylor series? Polar coordinates are very nice as well. :yep: Doing some FP3 integration right now but should hopefully be on FP3 vectors in ~45 minutes. :biggrin:

Your views are racking up on the blog. :sexface:
Original post by Zacken
Good job! :woo: Taylor series are fun! Have you done solving DE's (approximately) using Taylor series? Polar coordinates are very nice as well. :yep: Doing some FP3 integration right now but should hopefully be on FP3 vectors in ~45 minutes. :biggrin:

I want yours, Ena's, Kvothe's and ofc Ayman's to be the most popular
Reply 73
Original post by Zacken

Yeah, it was quite nice! It's sort of straightforward but I need some more practice on it before I'm exam ready. I've covered the content before so I'm just revising the entire course again. Polar coordinates shouldn't take long, I think I remember them being alright - the integration felt easier than C4's to my memory. The sketches can get tricky because my spirals suck lol

I really struggle with vectors atm - I'm gonna need a lot of work!

I haven't really seen the view count, but not many people are following it. That doesn't matter though as long as y'all are here :h:
Don't worry about Physics, scaling is very lenient. You have about 15-20 marks to spare for full UMS!

Are you doing Further Maths now? I think you should do all 3, or at least just C34 and F1. Both are pretty straightforward and self-teaching shouldn't be an issue (just ask Zacken lol). You should be able to hand it fine!

Maths self teaching is easy Indeed, Exam solutions helps a lot, Moreover the books, are quite nice too.

Right now M1, however I just need to confirm through my centre, that I can register for Further Maths (there have been some issues lately)

How long do you think C3, C4, F1, M2 will take to self teach, I think I should do either C34 OR F1/M2 for now, I could be under estimating my capabilities though.

I have about 3 and half months till exams.
Reply 75

love you man #nohomo

What I want more is for Zacken and KTA to meet their offers. I've got it almost unconditional.
love you man #nohomo

What I want more is for Zacken and KTA to meet their offers. I've got it almost unconditional.

<3

Yeah I hope they all do :smile: You and me both lol. It almost seems to good to be true!
Reply 77

Good guy spooder <3

Yeah, it was quite nice! It's sort of straightforward but I need some more practice on it before I'm exam ready. I've covered the content before so I'm just revising the entire course again. Polar coordinates shouldn't take long, I think I remember them being alright - the integration felt easier than C4's to my memory. The sketches can get tricky because my spirals suck lol

I really struggle with vectors atm - I'm gonna need a lot of work!

I haven't really seen the view count, but not many people are following it. That doesn't matter though as long as y'all are here :h:

Sounds great. Yeah, the practise to make it near muscle memory'll take some time, nothing you need to worry yourself over, it'll come with the past papers. Yeah, the integration is nice. It's keeping track of all the nasty fractions, square roots and squaring trigonometrical functions that's the main problem. I haven't seen any sketches in the past papers I've done. :dontknow:

Yikes, that's disheartening! I'll need to pay close attention to it. What are you specific weaknesses in it? If you can identify them, it'll make working on them slightly easier.

Slightly over 800 people. Glad to be here. :h:
Reply 78
love you man #nohomo

<3

Yeah I hope they all do :smile: You and me both lol. It almost seems to good to be true!

You both deserve your near unconditionals! :biggrin: Thanks for \sqrt{}-ing for me. (that was so bad :lol: ) :lol:
Original post by Zacken
You both deserve your near unconditionals! :biggrin: Thanks for \sqrt{}-ing for me. (that was so bad :lol: ) :lol:

Appreciate it mate and no that was class :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending