The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thuw
Well done! What was your LNAT score if you don't mind me asking

Thanks! My LNAT was 28 :smile:
Reply 1201
Original post by Unihelp007
I'm on a gap year, got A*A*A in my a levels, got only 21 in my LNAT and got rejected from kcl yesterday 😟 still waiting to hear from Nottingham and Bristol I really hope I get Nottingham anyone else still waiting?

Wow your results are incredible, sorry to hear about KCL. I'm still waiting back from them and it is just agonising, I'm also still waiting to hear back from Nottingham although with an LNAT of 23 I don't think either of them are likely options.
Reply 1202
Original post by jra97
I've got offers from Nottingham and Bristol I'm thinking Notts as my firm

Hi! Congrats on your offers. If you don't mind, could you tell me why you'd prefer Nottingham over Bristol? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1203
Original post by RWONG
Personally I would put Bristol, Durham and Nottingham a bit higher, though the remaining two have very good law schools.

If you intend to work in UK, all three are very good and the difference is minimal. If you are an international student and will go back home, Bristol is a little bit more well known than the other two internationally.

Nonetheless, all three are top law schools and you wouldn't be regret no matter which one you finally have entered.

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I have heard as well that Durham isn't as internationally recognised despite being the top 5 for law in UK. Wonder why :hmmmm2:
Reply 1204
Original post by ljw011
Hi! Congrats on your offers. If you don't mind, could you tell me why you'd prefer Nottingham over Bristol? Thanks! :smile:
it's ranked higher, the year abroad looks amazing there's so many places u can go to, open day was just really impressive n good city
Okay I have offers from Durham, Bristol, QMUL and Edinburgh... Where do I go?
Original post by SebastianCanuck

Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SebastianCanuck

I'd say Bristol, but its more expensive than Durham. I swear if you want to practise English Law but take a law Law degree in Scotland, you have to do the conversion course? and that's after the four year course...
Reply 1208
Offers from Nottingham Bristol Leeds and York which do I put as my 1st and 2nd choice? Please help and give reasons
Original post by jra97
Offers from Nottingham Bristol Leeds and York which do I put as my 1st and 2nd choice? Please help and give reasons

can I please ask when did you get your offer and what is your LNAT score :smile: if you don't mind me asking ?
Original post by jra97

1. Bristol. It has highest law rankings and historic credibility and is a classic Oxbridge reject uni, therefore high in demand for companies. Best city of the 3
2. York. Up and coming law reputation. Also fantastic city
3. Leeds. Also ran, solid but nothing outstanding to make in better than 1 and 2
(Original post by jra97)
Offers from Nottingham Bristol Leeds and York which do I put as my 1st and 2nd choice? Please help and give reasons 1. Bristol. It has highest law rankings and historic credibility and is a classic Oxbridge reject uni, therefore high in demand for companies. Best city of the 3
3. Leeds. Also ran, solid but nothing outstanding to make in better than 1 and 2

Sorry missed Nottingham. Put Nottingham second and shift York and Leeds down one. Probably techically a better reputation for law than Bristol but I would still say Bristol has better job prospects in the city but possibly due to it's larger number of Oxbridge rejects/private school alumni/old boy network rather than ability.
Reply 1212
Original post by asgunsur
can I please ask when did you get your offer and what is your LNAT score :smile: if you don't mind me asking ?

My LNAT was 26
I got offers for
Leeds 5th Nov
Notts 27th Nov
York 17th Dec
Bristol 6th Jan
Reply 1213
Original post by crocface
1. Bristol. It has highest law rankings and historic credibility and is a classic Oxbridge reject uni, therefore high in demand for companies. Best city of the 3

Thanks for your help
I've heard Nottingham is higher ranked for law though? So confused on what to do. I have the standard A*AA offer for Notts but Bristol have lowered my offer from AAA to AAB
Original post by jra97
My LNAT was 26
I got offers for
Leeds 5th Nov
Notts 27th Nov
York 17th Dec
Bristol 6th Jan

Congrats on your offers! I'd love to go to Bristol!! Can I ask what you got at GCSE please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1215
Original post by oli19919
Congrats on your offers! I'd love to go to Bristol!! Can I ask what you got at GCSE please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you! I got 5a* 5a 1b
Original post by jra97
Thanks for your help
I've heard Nottingham is higher ranked for law though? So confused on what to do. I have the standard A*AA offer for Notts but Bristol have lowered my offer from AAA to AAB

If you don't mind me asking, how come you got a lower offer? I'm currently waiting on Nottingham and Bristol to reply and would absolutely love Bristol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1217
Hi! For those who got offers from Durham and Bristol, could you kindly share how much you got for your LNAT? Thanks!
Still waiting for Nottingham and Bristol :frown:
Reply 1219
Original post by Velvetgh0st
If you don't mind me asking, how come you got a lower offer? I'm currently waiting on Nottingham and Bristol to reply and would absolutely love Bristol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea haha! Wasn't told i have no special circumstances. Only thing I can think of is if they want people from different areas, I'm from Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending