The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2016 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

I've got my offer for law and Leeds is my first choice too! Just have to pick accommodation now but i have no idea which one to pick!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Invited to the applicant day for CompSci on 5th march! Boom!
Does anyone know if you go to Leeds and it was your insurance choice do you still get the £2500 a year scholarship if you come from a low income family? I only ask as daughter has not made up her mind yet (if I were her it would be Leeds and a no brainer but it is her choice) - or do you only get the scholarship money if it is your firm - if she does go for the other uni as her firm she may miss her offer from them by 1 grade -(they don't accept general studies where as Leeds do ) and her psychology teacher said he couldn't jeopardise his integrity and predict her the B she needs for the other uni as she got a D at As so is predicting a C (even though she is re-sitting) I can't blame him ,I would do the same.

Leeds just seems to have so much more to offer all round - am not being a pushy or nosey parent here,but if it all goes belly up it will fall on my shoulders to sort it all out - and as a single parent I cannot help out financially in any way.
Original post by Minionmum
Does anyone know if you go to Leeds and it was your insurance choice do you still get the £2500 a year scholarship if you come from a low income family? I only ask as daughter has not made up her mind yet (if I were her it would be Leeds and a no brainer but it is her choice) - or do you only get the scholarship money if it is your firm - if she does go for the other uni as her firm she may miss her offer from them by 1 grade -(they don't accept general studies where as Leeds do ) and her psychology teacher said he couldn't jeopardise his integrity and predict her the B she needs for the other uni as she got a D at As so is predicting a C (even though she is re-sitting) I can't blame him ,I would do the same.

Leeds just seems to have so much more to offer all round - am not being a pushy or nosey parent here,but if it all goes belly up it will fall on my shoulders to sort it all out - and as a single parent I cannot help out financially in any way.

As far as I am aware you receive it regardless of if you firm or not, as long as you are on a full time undergrad course and are from the UK or EU, and your household income is assessed under £42,600 a year ^.^
What does everyone think of Lyddon Hall for accommodation? I want to be in a place that's really lively and social and people are up for going out. So any other suggestions if not Lyddon hall. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Elle-Roxanne
Well done everyone!! I received a conditional offer in early November, they're asking for AAA which is what my predicted grades are. Im applying for history, soooooo excited :h: Does anyone here actually already live in Leeds? If so what is it like?

Hey! I'm not at Leeds Uni, (firmed them for International History and Politics though!), but I live in Leeds currently and have access to the University for my history coursework. It's a great city for students with a great nightlife and cheap bars, drinks in the university union are also quite cheap which is good haha. There's also a range of shops in the city centre, with high street and designer brand stores close to vintage and 'quirky' stores.
There's also really nice green areas too, like Hyde Park and Roundhay Park. Anything else just ask! :biggrin:
The Facebook group if any of you want it. facebook.com/groups/1644971555767245/?fref=ts
The Facebook group, feel free to join seems pretty cool. facebook.com/groups/1644971555767245/?fref=ts
Reply 128
Hey,congratulations! I'm hoping to study Law at Leeds next year,what are your predicted grades and did you have to do an interview?

Original post by Rachelsteel08
No I didn't get an email saying they got my application, whereas people applying for other courses at Leeds did, weird! It was a few weeks after applying I got my offer and its AAA😀
Reply 129
Original post by terrimason23
I've got my offer for law and Leeds is my first choice too! Just have to pick accommodation now but i have no idea which one to pick!

Congratulations! What are your predicted grades? I am hoping to study Law at the University of Leeds in 2017!
Just firmed Leeds for English Literature! Anyone else?
Any maths offer holders who have been to the visit afternoon? If so how did you find it? :smile:
Reply 132
I've just received my offer for Management with Marketing! anyone else?
Firmed Leeds today for Zoology, any other Biological Science applicants?
Original post by TomC_97
Firmed Leeds today for Zoology, any other Biological Science applicants?

Firmed Leeds for Biological Sciences :smile:
Original post by Azurite
Firmed Leeds for Biological Sciences :smile:

Awesome, hopefully ill see you in september 😊
Firmed Leeds for Computer Science :smile:
Firmed Leeds for Computer Science :smile:
Received unconditional for Philosophy with Theology and Religious Studies, but I'm asking if I can change to Philosophy and Politics because I changed my mind after applying and finding out more info :smile: If they say yes then I may firm Leeds.
Original post by wizard01
Any maths offer holders who have been to the visit afternoon? If so how did you find it? :smile:

Once I actually found the maths building it was great ☺️ I didn't really find out anything I didn't already know, but I still want to go there so that's good. I went early and had a look at the accommodation as well, which was a good idea because they only showed us the most expensive one on the tour (& it was way out of my budget haha) x

Quick Reply

Latest