The Student Room Group

Is it too late?

I'm currently a first-year student at university and recently I've decided the course I'm taking isn't right for me, mainly because I do not enjoy it at all and my whole opinion has been changed in the time spent here. I'm aware that it's extremely late in the year to be deciding this and I wish I had made up my mind earlier, but until now I always thought I could just push through the course. My question is this; is applying for a new course still possible at this point? I assume the worst case scenario is that there is absolutely no way and I'll have to miss out a year and re-apply for courses beginning in 2017.
Reply 1
It may be possible to change to a different course within your university.

And you can still apply through UCAS but contact the universities you're interested in firsf to check if they'd consider a late application.
Original post by Stoicism
I'm currently a first-year student at university and recently I've decided the course I'm taking isn't right for me, mainly because I do not enjoy it at all and my whole opinion has been changed in the time spent here. I'm aware that it's extremely late in the year to be deciding this and I wish I had made up my mind earlier, but until now I always thought I could just push through the course. My question is this; is applying for a new course still possible at this point? I assume the worst case scenario is that there is absolutely no way and I'll have to miss out a year and re-apply for courses beginning in 2017.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending