The Student Room Group

Surgery that could allow trans women to have children of their own...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Stefan*
Looks who's the emotional one after all :smile:

I said YES dude... I said it in the very first post, but you decided to ignore it. That's the point of my previous post. Goddamnit. But I also said that in such cases you know what you did wrong, and actually have a chance to correct it. With God, you get neither. Any more juvenile points for today?

No one's emotional. And "goddamit." Bit hypocritical for someone accusing someone of emotions, swearing and whatnot, also hypocritical to use that word when you're an Atheist :toofunny:

no you didn't say anything, you haven't simply answered:

"yes or no, I understand getting fired or punished, why."

That's the mature less insecure way of answering.
Original post by mango peeler
No one's emotional. And "goddamit." Bit hypocritical for someone accusing someone of emotions, swearing and whatnot, also hypocritical to use that word when you're an Atheist :toofunny:

no you didn't say anything, you haven't simply answered:

"yes or no, I understand getting fired or punished, why."

That's the mature less insecure way of answering.

I did that on purpose, obviously. And I'm not an atheist - I'm agnostic.

let me just ask you:do you understand when your boss fires youwhen your parents punish you?

Erm... yes?

An answer is an answer - it couldn't have been more simple than a "yes".
Knee-jerk reactions thus far.
And then you have women that underwent FGM (not through choice) and can't give birth! Wow, this world is cruel. This is eugenics, it is morally wrong and unnatural

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I did that on purpose, obviously. And I'm not an atheist - I'm agnostic.

An answer is an answer - it couldn't have been more simple than a "yes".
Knee-jerk reactions thus far.

Lol ok anyway so we're gonna do this again where I have to prompt you over and over to just quote what you claim is there. While you equivocate like a wounded egomaniac, I'm going to eat and come back to this later.
Lol ok anyway so we're gonna do this again where I have to prompt you over and over to just quote what you claim is there. While you equivocate like a wounded egomaniac, I'm going to eat and come back to this later.

I don't get you... You asked something, I answered TWICE, and you act like a 10-year old who can't understand what a yes means.

When you want to have a mature discussion, feel free to come back. And you're always off to eat when we're talking - you should check it out. :smile:
Original post by ivybridge
I think this is amazing but I'm not sure about it. I think reproduction should be restricted by biological instructions and that isn't because I'm tansphobic - I'm clearly not - but I think that this will result in more tragedies than it will good things. Changing your gender is one thing, and of course sex reassignment is fine and all that jazz but one of the basic things about reproduction is the mixing of and presence of the x and y chromosomes... how would reprpduction from couples of same biological sex work without intervention? I'm not sure about it. It seems like it could cause more harm than good but if that can be definitively proven to be wrong then I have no qualms.

This sort of thing shouldn't be hated because you're prejudiced. You can be opposed for valid reasons or should just be quiet, really.

For one, i agree with you
Reply 186
I think that it's a nice idea but that we should try to focus development on something for the wider population, such as dementia medication etc. I think that -as a country- we are too focused on the few whilst we should focus on the many. There are other problems that need addressing before this even reaches the top of any sort of list; both medically and socially
Reply 187
this will just make it harder to identify trans people
Original post by DougallnDougall
IVF involves implanting embryos, often in pairs, into the uterus meaning the woman most definitely feels her baby grow and move just as any other mum would.

I literally said twice that I was thinking about surrogacy
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by difeo
this will just make it harder to identify trans people

In all fairness, I don't think a trans person would want to be identified as trans. They all want to 'pass'
Holy ****, do you not understand how research works? You do realise there's more than one scientist out there right and you also realise they don't just conduct research just for trans people right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FluffyCherry
This SHOULD be illegal.. like come on for god's sake!!

If god has a problem with this he could always let us know, rather than staying quite.

Unless you are claiming to speak on his behalf that is.
Original post by Trapz99
No. The only God that exists is the God of Christianity. He came to Earth as Jesus Christ to save humanity from their sins so that we can enter Heaven and have eternal life. I can understand what God wants from us by reading the Bible. I am not the one who is deluded, unfortunately it's you.

Could you please point me towards the bible passage where it says that God doesn't want transgender women to have children.

After sixteen years of Catholic school and religious studies, I fail to think where it might be.

On the other hand, "go forth and multiply" seems to be a central Christian teaching :/

Maybe consider Aquinas's primary precepts, which are really the nexus of Natural Law and Christian teaching.

- Protect and preserve human life
- Reproduce and educate your offspring
- Know God and live in society

Please explain which one of these isn't met in allowing transgender women to bear children.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Could you please point me towards the bible passage where it says that God doesn't want transgender women to have children.

After sixteen years of Catholic school and religious studies, I fail to think where it might be.

On the other hand, "go forth and multiply" seems to be a central Christian teaching :/

Maybe consider Aquinas's primary precepts, which are really the nexus of Natural Law and Christian teaching.

Please explain which one of these isn't met in allowing transgender women to bear children.

Well, in regards to Christianity, the bible teaches us to to accept ourselves as God made us. He 'knit us in our mothers womb' and so Christians believe that he took special care in creating each and every one of us so being transgender will obviously go against that because you are altering Gods work, which is why many religious people are not accepting of trans people.
The bible doesn't say we shouldn't cut off other people's arms but it does say 'love thy neighbour as you love yourself' so if you don't want your own arm cut off, don't inflict that pain on someone else.
The bible and other religious texts dont have to to specifically outline something for them to deem it as wrong. There are other branches to Christianity, some are literal, others are not.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IFoundWonderland

In Deuteronomy 22:5 it states that God does not want men to act like women and women to act like men. Since women were intended to have children and not men, this means transgenders should not have children.

I honestly can't be bothered to argue any further. End of discussion
I see both sides but I have to disagree.
There are many other things that we should focus research and scientific efforts on that would benefit humanity, whereas this would just help people have babies when they aren't biologically supposed to.

We don't need more people on this planet, and there is many children that are up for adoption. Medical research should be more about saving life rather than artificially creating it, as it would be selfish and only for the interest of the trans women. Would the child be without medical complications and would they have a normal upbringing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Cannoning
I see both sides but I have to disagree.
There are many other things that we should focus research and scientific efforts on that would benefit humanity, wjereas this would just help people jave babies when they arent biologically supposed to.

We don't need more people on this planet, and there is many children that are up for adoption. Medical research should be more about saving life rather than artificially creating it, as it would be selfish and only for the interest of the trans women. Would the child be without medical complications and would they have a normal upbringing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hate to correct you but this is being researched as a method to allow women who have problems giving birth naturally

'A clinic in Ohio recently started screening women for the ground-breaking procedure, which would allow women to transplant their uterus into a woman who doesn’t have one.

The transplant could be conducted on a woman ‘born without a uterus, or who had it removed or have uterine damage’ this would make trans women eligible for the procedure.'

as a side effect it may be possible to allow others this option but the primary research is to help women
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Is nobody thinking about the effects on the children? This is all great and stuff for the trans people, but how do we know their children will be born healthy and do those children not have the right to be born to a biological woman? It saddens me that children are effectively being used for the experiments:sad:

There is not such 'human right to be born to a biological women'

There is however a human right to have a family and get married (article 12)

But I take it then that if you are unfortunate enough not to be able to give birth naturally you would of naturally refuse all of the help now available to you (including this procedure)
Original post by RayApparently
Why?

Are you even serious???? You're changing god's creation, if you're born a male then you're a male and if you're born a female then you're a female...FULL STOP!!
It is SOOO wrong in so many levels to change your sex because of the thoughts that keeps telling you that they are in the wrong body. Like come on!

We will no longer be a part of nature, we will just be genetically modified creatures!!:colonhash:
Original post by FluffyCherry
Are you even serious???? You're changing god's creation, if you're born a male then you're a male and if you're born a female then you're a female...FULL STOP!!
It is SOOO wrong in so many levels to change your sex because of the thoughts that keeps telling you that they are in the wrong body. Like come on!

We will no longer be a part of nature, we will just be genetically modified creatures!!:colonhash:

What's objectively wrong with changing nature? What are these levels you speak of?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending