The Student Room Group

Stress stress stress

how do I manage stress and work effectively?
Original post by nasra135
how do I manage stress and work effectively?

Can you pinpoint what is causing the stress or is it just gcses in general?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Can you pinpoint what is causing the stress or is it just gcses in general?

its actually more than just the GCSEs

1) GCSE plays a massive role in my stress because my predicted grades are 6As and 4A*s so I am under a lot of pressure to actually get those grades

2)i go to a private school so the enviroment there is hostile and i have the worst headteacher that makes life in school HELL and really hard for me to revise or focus soley on my work!

3) i am currently moving so i have to help out at home.

4) simply not motivated, procrastinating and disappointing in my unability to work efficiently and deal with everything

all of this just puts me under alot of stress and i dont know how to manage it and just DO MY WORK because i obviously cant prevent any of these factors.
i just want to stop it from affecting my GCSE because i have to get really good grades in order to pursue the career that i want, that in itself makes me stressed out!!!!!!

(sorry if this is messy or there are a few mistakes in grammar and spelling, i worte it too quickly)
Original post by nasra135
its actually more than just the GCSEs

1) GCSE plays a massive role in my stress because my predicted grades are 6As and 4A*s so I am under a lot of pressure to actually get those grades

2)i go to a private school so the enviroment there is hostile and i have the worst headteacher that makes life in school HELL and really hard for me to revise or focus soley on my work!

3) i am currently moving so i have to help out at home.

4) simply not motivated, procrastinating and disappointing in my unability to work efficiently and deal with everything

all of this just puts me under alot of stress and i dont know how to manage it and just DO MY WORK because i obviously cant prevent any of these factors.
i just want to stop it from affecting my GCSE because i have to get really good grades in order to pursue the career that i want, that in itself makes me stressed out!!!!!!

(sorry if this is messy or there are a few mistakes in grammar and spelling, i worte it too quickly)

You can attempt to prevent number 3, clearly explain that at the moment you don't have the time to help with moving, I m sure they ll understand. Have you spoken to your parents about how you feel about your headteacher? It depends on the career of course but for many, if you slipped a couple of grades it certainly wouldn't ruin things for you, your a level grades would hold more importance. One thought is have you tried writing all your worries down or set a certain amount of time to think about your stresses each day, I used to find that helpful when I was younger.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
You can attempt to prevent number 3, clearly explain that at the moment you don't have the time to help with moving, I m sure they ll understand. Have you spoken to your parents about how you feel about your headteacher? It depends on the career of course but for many, if you slipped a couple of grades it certainly wouldn't ruin things for you, your a level grades would hold more importance. One thought is have you tried writing all your worries down or set a certain amount of time to think about your stresses each day, I used to find that helpful when I was younger.

thank you for your advice, I will consider that and make sure to try all of your suggestions.

Quick Reply

Latest