The Student Room Group

University Decisions HELP!

Hi, basically I am currently in my final year of college and have therefore sent of my application to apply for university. I have applied to do physics and have received 4 offers so far and am waiting upon one.
The 4 places I have got offers from out Exeter,Warwick,Bristol and cardiff. My predictions for my subjects are A*A*A in Physics, Maths and Chemisty respectively despite me getting a c in chem due to me missing some pages in the chem exam accidentally :frown: . Due to recent mocks I firmly believe that I will get A*'s in all three of the subjects. My question is I have started to doubt some of the university's I have selected wondering if I have made the wrong decision. If anyone has any expericance with these uni's in regards to physics please share as I am wondering which one I should go to out of these 4. My other decision is Imperial college London which is where I have always wanted to go but am now worried about getting a place their due to my c. Anyways thanks for the help.
p.s Do u think its worth waiting a year and then reapplying next year for imperial or oxford if I get 3 A*'s .
Reply 1
Warwick
if you've visited all of them and can't decide pick warwick otherwise just pick which one you feel you would be more comfortable in
Reply 3
Don't go to Exeter, they haven't discovered electromagnetism yet. Still mucking about with kites in storms.
Original post by TheSammy2010
if you've visited all of them and can't decide pick warwick otherwise just pick which one you feel you would be more comfortable in

Thanks for such a quick reply man, would you say that Warwick has a good reputation as a whole or a good Physics reputation? I have visited them all and found Warwick and Exeter to be very similar in terms of the campus.
Original post by offhegoes
Don't go to Exeter, they haven't discovered electromagnetism yet. Still mucking about with kites in storms.

Lol, have you had any experiance with Exeter yourself?
Reply 6
Original post by Ezexamsalltheway
Hi, basically I am currently in my final year of college and have therefore sent of my application to apply for university. I have applied to do physics and have received 4 offers so far and am waiting upon one.
The 4 places I have got offers from out Exeter,Warwick,Bristol and cardiff. My predictions for my subjects are A*A*A in Physics, Maths and Chemisty respectively despite me getting a c in chem due to me missing some pages in the chem exam accidentally :frown: . Due to recent mocks I firmly believe that I will get A*'s in all three of the subjects. My question is I have started to doubt some of the university's I have selected wondering if I have made the wrong decision. If anyone has any expericance with these uni's in regards to physics please share as I am wondering which one I should go to out of these 4. My other decision is Imperial college London which is where I have always wanted to go but am now worried about getting a place their due to my c. Anyways thanks for the help.
p.s Do u think its worth waiting a year and then reapplying next year for imperial or oxford if I get 3 A*'s .

I would choose Warwick if you don't get into Imperial. I have an offer for there to do maths and physics and at the post-offer day and the open day that I attended the physics department impressed me a lot. I'd recommend you go to the post-offer days there if you can, they let you sit in a small group with a lecturer to get any questions answered and you can ask the students anything you want on the tour. It's a really good department and all the students seemed really happy and interested in the course.
Original post by A723904
I would choose Warwick if you don't get into Imperial. I have an offer for there to do maths and physics and at the post-offer day and the open day that I attended the physics department impressed me a lot. I'd recommend you go to the post-offer days there if you can, they let you sit in a small group with a lecturer to get any questions answered and you can ask the students anything you want on the tour. It's a really good department and all the students seemed really happy and interested in the course.

Yeh cheers dude I went there the other day and I was quite impressed with it although I think the campus looked a bit ruff. Mayb you went to the same one as me haha.
Reply 8
I am at Warwick, and recommend it, though Exeter is a fantastic Uni and campus.
Thanks for such a quick reply man, would you say that Warwick has a good reputation as a whole or a good Physics reputation? I have visited them all and found Warwick and Exeter to be very similar in terms of the campus.

Dude I'm in the exact same situation as you, I just applied to different universities. What made me decide which university I would firm and have as my insurance was the ranking, end-result employ-ability and the campus life.

As a result Imperial (still waiting on the offer) is my firm and Surrey is my insurance
Lol, have you had any experiance with Exeter yourself?

Exeter's physics course is the worst of those. My 2000th post says pick Warwick and for sure Imperial College London if you receive an offer. Taking a gap year and reapplying is an option, but unless you plan to actually do something significant with it other than just reapplying, it will hurt you in the long run.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending