The Student Room Group

Too many different careers out there.

Hopefully im not the only one in this situation but does anyone have lil doubts whether they are choosing the right course at uni and choosing the right path career wise?

Im in my last year of sixth form and have applied for chemical engineering at university and I love everything about the course and it does really interest me. But then I also really want to go towards a career in the finance industry. I also look at physics/astronomy courses and they all really interest me and then I wonder why im not studying physics at uni. I've also always had this love for drama and acting and I've performed numerous plays and short films and pursuing an acting career would be a dream.

I really wanna do a bit of everything, one day working for an huge oil company, one day working on the trading floor, one day acting in massive Hollywood film but obviously thats not possible.
Reply 1
If it helps there aren't many actual jobs :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by offhegoes
If it helps there aren't many actual jobs :smile:

lol what?
Original post by Daniel9998
Hopefully im not the only one in this situation but does anyone have lil doubts whether they are choosing the right course at uni and choosing the right path career wise?

Im in my last year of sixth form and have applied for chemical engineering at university and I love everything about the course and it does really interest me. But then I also really want to go towards a career in the finance industry. I also look at physics/astronomy courses and they all really interest me and then I wonder why im not studying physics at uni. I've also always had this love for drama and acting and I've performed numerous plays and short films and pursuing an acting career would be a dream.

I really wanna do a bit of everything, one day working for an huge oil company, one day working on the trading floor, one day acting in massive Hollywood film but obviously thats not possible.

This is one of the reasons to get work experience- so you can make a decision based on what is actually involved not some romantic view.
Reply 4
Original post by jelly1000
This is one of the reasons to get work experience- so you can make a decision based on what is actually involved not some romantic view.

I have done work experience in all the fields I am interested in.
Original post by Daniel9998

Physical oil trading at BP, Shell, Maersk, etc

Can't help with the Hollywood film tho aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J-SP
You might not be able to do one career each day, but there's no reason why you couldn't have all those careers over your lifetime.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Princepieman
Physical oil trading at BP, Shell, Maersk, etc

Can't help with the Hollywood film tho aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got it.
Ill play a character in a Hollywood film that is a trader at BP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending