The Student Room Group

Study Hard. Play Harder. Pure motivation to ace those subjects.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marmalade Talks
Oh wow, how's that going? Seems tough...

Yeah it's tough especially as I take MEI for maths and OCR b for physics neither of which are popular.
Original post by DDSTudent
Yeah it's tough especially as I take MEI for maths and OCR b for physics neither of which are popular.

Yeah, i didn't do those exam boards, but I'm sure there'll be like a small amount of crossover, so I'm willing to try and help with a certain topic if you need it! I've heard MEI for maths is a killer!

Good luck! (It'll all be over soon, then we can all party! :banana2::badger:
Awesome! What's you favourite shows on Netflix? Any Netflix & chill going on? Haha just kidding!

How's your prep for exams going? What subject are you feeling the least motivated to revise for?

I use Netflix as a catchall term for my online TV. At the moment, I particularly like Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Telenovela, Modern Family, Blackish and Flash but I also watch other things. I utilise cooking and cleaning time as well as my commute to/from work.

No netflix and chill, no.

Massively behind. I'm still learning content. I've not even finished one module though in my case it's less bad than it seems as I have bits of knowledge here and there.

I am least motivated to revise for Biology.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
I use Netflix as a catchall term for my online TV. At the moment, I particularly like Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Telenovela, Modern Family, Blackish and Flash but I also watch other things. I utilise cooking and cleaning time as well as my commute to/from work.

No netflix and chill, no.

Massively behind. I'm still learning content. I've not even finished one module though in my case it's less bad than it seems as I have bits of knowledge here and there.

I am least motivated to revise for Biology.

Ah nice, Flash is so great! The feels.
Same here, my revision is quite a slow process. However, I feel like because i have a plan of what Im going to do, once I actually start, it'll just fall into place. Im going to start with post its consolidating all the information from one page of the textbook onto one post it. Then once I've learnt the content, Im going to move on to past papers. (Well, hopefully anyway!)
What kind of steps do you have for your revision?

And mmm, is it because of the sheer amount of content you have to memorise? Or the concept of the content?...
Ah nice, Flash is so great! The feels.
Same here, my revision is quite a slow process. However, I feel like because i have a plan of what Im going to do, once I actually start, it'll just fall into place. Im going to start with post its consolidating all the information from one page of the textbook onto one post it. Then once I've learnt the content, Im going to move on to past papers. (Well, hopefully anyway!)
What kind of steps do you have for your revision?

And mmm, is it because of the sheer amount of content you have to memorise? Or the concept of the content?...

So you've not started? I plan to continue learning stuff and finish by the end of March. I want to use the first two weeks in April for review exercises, hard questions and past papers.

I don't like a lot of the subjects at A-level.
Original post by idkerrie
Hi all!
Currently an undergrad in Biomedical Science, sorta procrastinating my lab report right now.
In need of a little motivation but I'm always down to chill hahaha :smile:

Oooh, hows that uni life going for you?
Haha, don't worry this is the place to be, the chillest motivation you're ever gonna get....

"GET UP, MAKE YOUR DREAMS A REALITY NOW! DONT PROCRASTINATE!"

Haha, I'm just kidding!! Procrastination all the way! Procrastinate for an hour, then do work, then continue to procrastinate lol :angelblush::angelblush::angelblush:
Im sure you've got this procrastination/ work balance down though considering you've passed A levels
How did you find them/ stay motivated?
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
So you've not started? I plan to continue learning stuff and finish by the end of March. I want to use the first two weeks in April for review exercises, hard questions and past papers.

I don't like a lot of the subjects at A-level.

Nope, not really...like Ive made post it notes here and there, and for the few concepts i understand I still have them in my head. But everything else is basically a no no.
Same, I want the half term filled with past papers, so I can just hone my exam technique and catch all my little mistakes.

Mmmm, same, well actually I don't know i have mixed feelings. Its a love hate relationship for me tbh
Daily motivation lovelies!
When the going gets tough, keep going. Work every day on your craft. Hone it. Own it.
When you keep working on something every day, the results you produce will even astonish yourself. I hope in
6 months you'll be astonished! Any concerns, worries, plans on how you're going to motivate/ bump up your current grades to your target grade just comment below!
We're a community here! :party2:

quote-Thomas-A.-Edison-if-we-did-all-the-things-we-89978.png
YESSS FELLOW FLASH & ARROW FAN!! I feel like we're so rare, literally nobody in my school gets them! Im just like :O you're missing out on so much ahaha
Are you as excited as I am for DC LEGENDS OF TOMORROW? JNISANCSAJJAS <my excitement

Engineering is an awesome degree choice! Couple of my friends are doing that!
How are you planning to revise to get to your desired target grades?
What's the subject you're finding most difficult right now?

aha, quite a few people in my school watch them.
Have you not started watching legends of tmrw yet ??
I am on the 4th episode I think.

I revise using revision cards, so question on one side , answer on other, it works really well.

Im not too sure actually , I would say biology because overall that's the one im doing worse in but I know its the easiest , its just that ive lost interest in biology, leading to me not doing anything in it. Chemistry is more then fine, same with maths. I guess im finding physics a bit hard atm, but just like half the topics, because in my sixth form we have 2 teachers for physics and one is really good other is really bad, and so the really bad one's topics I find a bit difficult.

What other shows do you watch ? and what episode you on in flash ??
Original post by Science_help
aha, quite a few people in my school watch them.
Have you not started watching legends of tmrw yet ??
I am on the 4th episode I think.

I revise using revision cards, so question on one side , answer on other, it works really well.

Im not too sure actually , I would say biology because overall that's the one im doing worse in but I know its the easiest , its just that ive lost interest in biology, leading to me not doing anything in it. Chemistry is more then fine, same with maths. I guess im finding physics a bit hard atm, but just like half the topics, because in my sixth form we have 2 teachers for physics and one is really good other is really bad, and so the really bad one's topics I find a bit difficult.

What other shows do you watch ? and what episode you on in flash ??

I'm so jel! It doesnt come on until March 3rd, I've fully been waiting since the Christmas teasers 😭It hurts

And the last episode I watched on the flash was the Christmas special, the newest ones are coming in March top
You don't know how hard I've been waiting it hurts lol
I also watch limitless the tv series (it's so good), the middle, Stella, NCIS &Law and order SVU sometimes what about you??

Niceee I'm going to start with revision cards a bit later on, the thing about revision cards with me is the fact that I just end up having too many because I question myself on everythinggggggg like even the little things
What kind of things do you question yourself on? Like the key topics only or...?

I think with Biology look for the little parts that really fascinate you and then start from there with your revision to make it easier for you to be excited
&with physics, there's really good people on YouTube if you just type in A level physics and then the topic you're looking for and some really good things should come up! They're really engaging
Good luck with it! 😊
I'm so jel! It doesnt come on until March 3rd, I've fully been waiting since the Christmas teasers 😭It hurts

And the last episode I watched on the flash was the Christmas special, the newest ones are coming in March top
You don't know how hard I've been waiting it hurts lol
I also watch limitless the tv series (it's so good), the middle, Stella, NCIS &Law and order SVU sometimes what about you??

Niceee I'm going to start with revision cards a bit later on, the thing about revision cards with me is the fact that I just end up having too many because I question myself on everythinggggggg like even the little things
What kind of things do you question yourself on? Like the key topics only or...?

I think with Biology look for the little parts that really fascinate you and then start from there with your revision to make it easier for you to be excited
&with physics, there's really good people on YouTube if you just type in A level physics and then the topic you're looking for and some really good things should come up! They're really engaging
Good luck with it! 😊

Why don't you just watch it online , I watch it online that's why im much ahead, just found out who zoom was in todays episode, soo amazing !!!

I also watch suits, limitless, agents of shield , pll and scorpion.
for revision cards I literally do everything, not even exaggerating. Like firstly I just use class notes to write down qeusiton and answers , then stage 2 I use revision book sot add detail and other questions, then I use online revision notes and add extra detail, for chemistry ( which is my fav) I I intend on writing questions on other exam boards in relating topics.
I will defo try out the physics person on youtube, thnks for that.
Original post by Science_help
Why don't you just watch it online , I watch it online that's why im much ahead, just found out who zoom was in todays episode, soo amazing !!!

I also watch suits, limitless, agents of shield , pll and scorpion.
for revision cards I literally do everything, not even exaggerating. Like firstly I just use class notes to write down qeusiton and answers , then stage 2 I use revision book sot add detail and other questions, then I use online revision notes and add extra detail, for chemistry ( which is my fav) I I intend on writing questions on other exam boards in relating topics.
I will defo try out the physics person on youtube, thnks for that.

I knowww but I'm really weird i LOVE having subtitles, and watching things online (excluding like subscription things like Netflix) don't give me the opportunity for that and omdsssssss literally so pumped, watch when i found out in like a month lol

Ooohh, yeah Ive heard suits is good, i need to jump on that wave.
Ahh, okay. Thats a cool and very thorough process, Im liking that. Might try it out.
No problem! :smile:
Motivational tip of the day:

Dont dread exams. Revise hard, and see exams as an opportunity to show off how good you are. How much you've revised. How hard you've grinded. See exams as positive, change your mindset and things will start changing for you. Good luck lovelies!

Love,
Marmalade. X

images.jpg
Recently read a journal that commented on how people who depend on shallow sources of motivation such as quotes (often quotes focusing on the idea of reward that comes through work), tend to get the least done.
Original post by High Stakes
Recently read a journal that commented on how people who depend on shallow sources of motivation such as quotes (often quotes focusing on the idea of reward that comes through work), tend to get the least done.

Interesting, but obviously that doesn't apply to everyone. And I think, it boils down to a stage where you have to be able to motivate yourself and have that internal motivation naturally to be very productive rather than heavily relying on external sources because they might not always be there. So yeah I understand where the study is coming from

Do you have a link to that journal?
Hey Lovelies,
Hope you guys are doing well! IT'S FRIDAY, FRIDAY, GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!
We made it guys. Another week of productivity!
Lets study, but play harder!
Have a great weekend.
Be productive, but chill!

Love,
Marmalade. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending