The Student Room Group

Bengali girl who wants to stay single forever. AMA.

Title says it all. PLUS I'm bored.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where you born in Bangladesh?
Reply 2
Original post by al_94
Where you born in Bangladesh?

Nope I was born in the UK (specifically Ipswich).
Why do you want to stay single forever?
Reply 4
Why would you want to stay single forever? I don't see any rational reason behind it unless you're asexual. It sounds to me that you've had a recent heartbreak or breakup of some sort, and what you're saying now is just out of emotions.
76c359fc5ceb9d3761193d0773a0c3d0.jpg
There are n sweets in a bag. 6 of the sweets are orange. The rest of the sweets are yellow.

Hannah takes a random sweet from the bag. She eats the sweet.

Hannah then takes at random another sweet from the bag. She eats the sweet.

The probability that Hannah eats two orange sweets is 1/3.

Show that n 90 = 0.
If Brock Lesnar from WWE fought Deadpool, who would win?
Original post by SeanFM
There are n sweets in a bag. 6 of the sweets are orange. The rest of the sweets are yellow.

Show that n 90 = 0.

tree diagrams :rolleyes:
Original post by sunshine97

Join the club! Whoop whoop!
Original post by SeanFM

Show that n 90 = 0.

N = 10

This was the gcse question kids were crying about last year hahaa
Original post by samina_ay
N = 10

This was the gcse question kids were crying about last year hahaa

Bingo :borat:

Pretty and can do Maths? Goals as fanta :tongue:
Original post by sunshine97

ITT Bengali girl who cant get a bf so has convinced herself being single is better
Original post by SeanFM
Bingo :borat:

Pretty and can do Maths? Goals as fanta :tongue:

I do try :h: joke i can only do basic maths - i got a C at gcse lol
Original post by slothonist
Why do you want to stay single forever?

This thought got triggered 3 years ago.

It's because I noticed that relationships in general tend to not work out / last long anyway. So it's pointless investing a lot of effort in building trust and bond in it, that is much greater than that of your own family who you share your flesh & blood. When it doesn't work out, it'll just lead to unnecessary disappointment.

IMO families are less likely to abandon because of your biology thus it's harder to break ties with them, since they'll feel more obliged to do everything they can to make this family relationship work.

Whereas your partners are less obliged to do everything they can to make your relationship work, so just like your friends they can leave any time in your life they want.

Besides there will be a time couples would get bored of each other eventually, hence why many people cheat and divorce.

As a person recovering from eating disorder, if I get into a relationship and I get cheated on, I can imagine myself thinking there's something lacking in me no matter what.

Thus fuelling my eating disorder & acting as a hindrance to my recovery.

I've always wanted to live in several different countries for few years whilst working.

I wouldn't be able to carry this dream out if I'm not single, it's likely my partner would want to stay in one country working & want me to stay with them too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Would your parents care if you don't get married?
Original post by kprime2
Why would you want to stay single forever? I don't see any rational reason behind it unless you're asexual. It sounds to me that you've had a recent heartbreak or breakup of some sort, and what you're saying now is just out of emotions.

I said my reason on my previous post. I'm not saying this out of emotions, I have thought like this for pretty long. But my most recent and first crush has made me change my mind for a bit. After this heartbreak, now I'm going to follow through my original plan no matter what.

Besides relationships seem pointless in today's society. Relationship is just a result of attachment created through chemical reactions in the brain, it's not as special as how society makes it out to be.

Maybe in the caveman times it was needed to create new life. Now we have adoption and medical technologies for that if you choose to not be in a relationship.

Also in the past when men mostly worked due to there mostly being manual jobs available thus leaving women to do the expressive role. Both of these roles were needed to raise children, therefore marriage were needed. Now both genders can carry out dual roles, therefore making marriage unnecessary.

Original post by luminarychild
76c359fc5ceb9d3761193d0773a0c3d0.jpg

Rofl :rofl: I don't know why I'm laughing so hard at this.

But on a serious note, I'm going to break it to my parents I'm not going to get married at all. But when I start rejecting everyone for the next 5 years, after handing out my CV.

By then it'll be too late to convince me to get married, since it's difficult to get married at an old age (late 20s lol :P).

I definitely won't be. I've had this mind set for the last 3 years. For the past 4 months my mind was changed. Now I'm going back to following my mindset which I had for the past 3 years.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM

Show that n 90 = 0.

N=10

Original post by Longshot700
If Brock Lesnar from WWE fought Deadpool, who would win?

Obviously Deadpool. Brock Lesnar would be dead.
Original post by Polysexual Nymph
are you sure its by choice?

Yes it's my choice. What made you think it wasn't?

Original post by Tinemither
Join the club! Whoop whoop!

Singleton club FTW!! :banana2:

Original post by National Grid
ITT Bengali girl who cant get a bf so has convinced herself being single is better

Wrong :toofunny:I've thought like this even while I was sheltered away from boys in a girls school & sixth form. I made my first male friend since uni started (for some reason my mindset change briefly).

He confessed too soon so I rejected him. I only just realised my feelings (since he was my first crush) but now it's too late. I'm doing this so I don't ever get hurt.

Original post by drowzee
Would your parents care if you don't get married?

They would be devastated.
I'm sorry my response came out harsh :colondollar:
But I know what you meant. I can imagine myself pondering how my life would be if I wasn't single.

But I think the same happens to couples too, where they may also ponder how their life would be if they were single instead. But overall being happy with their relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest