The Student Room Group

Nervous about NCS...please help!!!

Hey guys,
I've just signed up to do NCS this summer but I'm a bit nervous now.
I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm looking forward to it but I'm not very sporty so I'm a bit self-confident about it.
Did anyone find themselves in the same position? will it matter?
I'm fine with climbing, abseiling etc but I don't like running or competitive sports.
Thanks
Reply 1
Don't worry too much about it! I'm not very sporty either but NCS is more focused on team work rather than competition. I promise you that on your first day you'll make friends so it will make the whole thing easier! It's really fun plus if you do have any worries, you can always tell one of the team leaders, more often than not, they were also NCS participants before and will know how you feel.
i didnt go but my friends did and they loved it! still always talk about it lol
you should go with your friends its a lot better
and its not really sporty they consider that
they did say that you have to go on loonngg walks but you get breaks and everyone gets tired tbh
just enjoy your time lol dont worry about it:h:
I did NCS a few years ago and I was so happy I did do it. It was such a great experience. I'm not particularly sporty but the activities were more like abseiling. Our group did waterfall climbing which was amazing. You shouldn't be too nervous as the games aren't really sporty like football or anything like that.
Original post by shanaj
Don't worry too much about it! I'm not very sporty either but NCS is more focused on team work rather than competition. I promise you that on your first day you'll make friends so it will make the whole thing easier! It's really fun plus if you do have any worries, you can always tell one of the team leaders, more often than not, they were also NCS participants before and will know how you feel.

Thank you so much!- this is so reassuring :smile:
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I did NCS a few years ago and I was so happy I did do it. It was such a great experience. I'm not particularly sporty but the activities were more like abseiling. Our group did waterfall climbing which was amazing. You shouldn't be too nervous as the games aren't really sporty like football or anything like that.

Don't think about it too much, seriously. The whole point of NCS is to get out of your comfort zone, meet new people and do new things. If you find that you feel very uncomfortable doing a certain activity let your team leaders know and that's it they'll understand. But try not to go into NCS with a certain viewpoint as it can hinder your experience there. The most important thing is to have fun!
Original post by hanamieb
Hey guys,
I've just signed up to do NCS this summer but I'm a bit nervous now.
I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm looking forward to it but I'm not very sporty so I'm a bit self-confident about it.
Did anyone find themselves in the same position? will it matter?
I'm fine with climbing, abseiling etc but I don't like running or competitive sports.
Thanks

What date are u going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The one that starts at the beginning of August
Original post by hanamieb
The one that starts at the beginning of August

Ah I'm going on the 1st of August :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending